    I hope in yours fast reply
    thanks
    bye

    alcool, Sep 12, 2007

  2. alcool

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 01:04:50 -0700, alcool <>
    wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > Hi,
    > I would like use a socket for write a file jpeg on the network.
    > In others words, it is possible to publish
    > a jpeg (like a streamer) that a client can fetch and view?

    Sorry, you are off-topic here. The C language does not define or
    support sockets.

    > file JPEG -> socket that publish this file on the network -> client
    > (browser) fetch this file and show
    >
    > I.E. I think that firefox show a file jpeg also if this change
    > continually. It's true?
    >
    > I hope in yours fast reply
    > thanks
    > bye

    Ask in a group that supports your particular compiler/operating system
    combination to find out what extensions it has that might support what
    you want to do.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Sep 13, 2007

  3. alcool

    runner Guest

    "alcool" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I would like use a socket for write a file jpeg on the network.
    > In others words, it is possible to publish
    > a jpeg (like a streamer) that a client can fetch and view?
    >
    > file JPEG -> socket that publish this file on the network -> client
    > (browser) fetch this file and show
    >
    > I.E. I think that firefox show a file jpeg also if this change
    > continually. It's true?
    >
    > I hope in yours fast reply
    > thanks
    > bye

    <OFF_TOPIC>

    There is no concept like writing a jpeg file to the network.
    In order to send data from one point to another Protocols
    are involved. A web browser displays a picture that is
    embedded in a stream that it "understands". Study HTTP
    and HTML. In order to send data to a web browser
    you should build a web server (a dedicated one if you just
    use it to stream videos). You build that on top of sockets.
    Besides, if you not only need a static image but you need
    some video streamimg you also need to come up with
    some kind of auto-refresh technique which might involve
    plain Javascript or Ajax or, why not, browser extensions
    like MS ActiveX. That said you might also want to look
    around for existing solutions.

    </OFF_TOPIC>

    runner, Sep 13, 2007