socket: write a jpeg

alcool

Hi,
I would like use a socket for write a file jpeg on the network.
In others words, it is possible to publish
a jpeg (like a streamer) that a client can fetch and view?

file JPEG -> socket that publish this file on the network -> client
(browser) fetch this file and show

I.E. I think that firefox show a file jpeg also if this change
continually. It's true?

I hope in yours fast reply
thanks
bye

Jack Klein

Hi,
I would like use a socket for write a file jpeg on the network.
In others words, it is possible to publish
a jpeg (like a streamer) that a client can fetch and view?

Sorry, you are off-topic here. The C language does not define or
support sockets.
file JPEG -> socket that publish this file on the network -> client
(browser) fetch this file and show

I.E. I think that firefox show a file jpeg also if this change
continually. It's true?

I hope in yours fast reply
thanks
bye

Ask in a group that supports your particular compiler/operating system
combination to find out what extensions it has that might support what
you want to do.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

runner

alcool said:
Hi,
I would like use a socket for write a file jpeg on the network.
In others words, it is possible to publish
a jpeg (like a streamer) that a client can fetch and view?

file JPEG -> socket that publish this file on the network -> client
(browser) fetch this file and show

I.E. I think that firefox show a file jpeg also if this change
continually. It's true?

I hope in yours fast reply
thanks
bye

<OFF_TOPIC>

There is no concept like writing a jpeg file to the network.
In order to send data from one point to another Protocols
are involved. A web browser displays a picture that is
embedded in a stream that it "understands". Study HTTP
and HTML. In order to send data to a web browser
you should build a web server (a dedicated one if you just
use it to stream videos). You build that on top of sockets.
Besides, if you not only need a static image but you need
some video streamimg you also need to come up with
some kind of auto-refresh technique which might involve
plain Javascript or Ajax or, why not, browser extensions
like MS ActiveX. That said you might also want to look
around for existing solutions.

</OFF_TOPIC>