Sockets (Dave Brueck)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mccormick.Johnw@epamail.epa.gov, Apr 11, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello, ... I am John McCormick (Systems Programmer ) and I am currently
    working on a python program which will connect (user) specified inputs
    and connect them to (user) selected outputs (like screen or
    video/audio-recording devices) and would like to know if there's a
    technique to "test" or "sense" if the desired output device is busy
    without interrupting the output device while checking to see if it's
    busy... ?? If, perhaps, python does not have this type of feature, I
    wonder if you could give me some type of direction (ie., manufacturer's
    device response checking techniques that could be used in conjunction
    with python) but the bottom line is not to "crash" or interrupt the
    desired output device (if it's still busy)...

    Thank You

    John McCormick

    John W. McCormick, Systems Programmer / DBA
    High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualization
    Lockheed Martin Information Technology, Supporting the EPA
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    919-541-0890

    Federal Infrastructure Contact - Ravi Nair
    919-541-5467 -
    Federal Infrastructure Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D.
    919-541-4190 -

    , Apr 11, 2005