Sockets - Mass Disconnects

rajatag

Hello,

In our Java chat server (running on Windows 2003), there is a sudden
disconnect of over 30-40 users and they are able to log back in
instantly.

Has anyone faced anything similar before?

Thanks,
rajatag

res7cxbi

Hmmm... Nothing i ever saw before

Do they log back on automatically on its own (w/o the user's help at
all) or they can only log back on with user interaction?

rajatag

They are able to log back in only after they reconnect ...

The code is very standard, we also don't have any socket timeouts etc.
defined. It happens at vague intervals.

josh.s17

Perhaps there is a network interruption periodically. Have you got any
way of testing this? Perhaps you can set up a test client with debug
that can tell you the reason the tcp socket is closed?

rajatag

The server sends out a TCP RESET packet to all clients ... so this is
something like a reset broadcast by the server ... wonder why it occurs