    Blocking or Non-Blocking sockets? How to do late-binding in C++?
    Please help.

    Thank you, Vadim
    Vadim, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Vadim

    Jack Klein Guest

    On 16 Dec 2003 12:06:29 -0800, (Vadim) wrote in
    comp.lang.c++:

    > Hi everyone, I need your help.
    >
    > I need to create a socket server app that will accept as many as 96
    > simultaneous connections and do a late-binding call to a COM+ dll.
    > As I understand, the app has to create a separate socket thread for
    > each connection, do a call to the COM+ dll (already in place) and drop
    > the socket connection.
    > COM+ dll and the socket server app will sit on Win2k sp2 PIII 1GB 512
    > RAM.
    > Please give me suggestion on where to start. What should I use
    > Blocking or Non-Blocking sockets? How to do late-binding in C++?
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thank you, Vadim

    Start in a Windows programming group such as news:comp.os.ms_windows.*
    or one of Microsoft's support groups in the news:microsoft.public.*
    family.

    The topic here, the C++ language, does not have sockets, COM, DLL, or
    non-blocking I/O.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com