Sockets

Vadim

Hi everyone, I need your help.

I need to create a socket server app that will accept as many as 96
simultaneous connections and do a late-binding call to a COM+ dll.
As I understand, the app has to create a separate socket thread for
each connection, do a call to the COM+ dll (already in place) and drop
the socket connection.
COM+ dll and the socket server app will sit on Win2k sp2 PIII 1GB 512
RAM.
Please give me suggestion on where to start. What should I use
Blocking or Non-Blocking sockets? How to do late-binding in C++?
Please help.

Thank you, Vadim

Jack Klein

Hi everyone, I need your help.

I need to create a socket server app that will accept as many as 96
simultaneous connections and do a late-binding call to a COM+ dll.
As I understand, the app has to create a separate socket thread for
each connection, do a call to the COM+ dll (already in place) and drop
the socket connection.
COM+ dll and the socket server app will sit on Win2k sp2 PIII 1GB 512
RAM.
Please give me suggestion on where to start. What should I use
Blocking or Non-Blocking sockets? How to do late-binding in C++?
Please help.

Thank you, Vadim

Start in a Windows programming group such as or one of Microsoft's support groups in the family.

The topic here, the C++ language, does not have sockets, COM, DLL, or
non-blocking I/O.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com