sockets

Andreas Lassmann

hi there,
can anybody tell me where i can find a good network tutorial about sockets
(i know... google for it...)?

i like to write a program under LINUX and WINDOWS. can i use the same
functions, or does i have to use "WinSockets"?

thanks in advance

Chris \( Val \)

| hi there,
| can anybody tell me where i can find a good network tutorial about sockets
| (i know... google for it...)?
|
| i like to write a program under LINUX and WINDOWS. can i use the same
| functions, or does i have to use "WinSockets"?

There are a zillion good and cheep books available
on this topic, however, the following link will
take you to a well respected library:
http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html

Please note that sockets are off topic for this group :)

Cheers,
Chris Val