soft 404

tsangkinyip

Hi all javascript gurus,

I made a diary page where I use xmlhttp to ignore pages with no entry
of a specific date. However, I've soon found out after uploading my
pages that the server returns a 200 OK message even if the link is
invalid. I am so frustrated by this....Is there any workaround I can
do about this. I don't want to implement the whole thing again!

PS. I'm using united.net.

Marco

OmegaJunior

Hi all javascript gurus,

I made a diary page where I use xmlhttp to ignore pages with no entry
of a specific date. However, I've soon found out after uploading my
pages that the server returns a 200 OK message even if the link is
invalid. I am so frustrated by this....Is there any workaround I can
do about this. I don't want to implement the whole thing again!

PS. I'm using united.net.

Marco

You could query for a specific text you embed inside your pages. If the
returned page doesn't have that specific text, you don't show it.