    Is here someone with experience: two-direction (soft) real-time transfer
    data from database on server computer (for example SQL) to hosts with
    webbrowser (for example Netscape, IE)?
    szamot, Sep 21, 2004

  2. szamot

    Evertjan. Guest

    szamot wrote on 21 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
    > Is here someone with experience: two-direction (soft) real-time transfer
    > data from database on server computer (for example SQL) to hosts with
    > webbrowser (for example Netscape, IE)?

    host == server [Do you mean client ?]

    java != javascript

    How can you transfer not in real time?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Sep 21, 2004

  3. szamot

    szamot Guest

    yes, configuration client-server,
    yes, my mistake, I mean JavaScript,
    In realtime - I mean continous proces: I have industrial proces, server
    which saves proces information and now I need controling this proces via
    Internet (web browser). Proces data are changing very quickly, so, in www
    page this data should changing very quickly, too.
    And here I have problem: how can I do this? Have You some ideas?
    szamot, Sep 21, 2004
  4. szamot

    Evertjan. Guest

    szamot wrote on 21 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > yes, configuration client-server,
    > yes, my mistake, I mean JavaScript,
    > In realtime - I mean continous proces: I have industrial proces, server
    > which saves proces information and now I need controling this proces via
    > Internet (web browser). Proces data are changing very quickly, so, in www
    > page this data should changing very quickly, too.
    > And here I have problem: how can I do this? Have You some ideas?

    serverside ASP [or PHP?]

    plus

    clientside wscript with httpxml get and post
    [either jscript or vbscript]

    I suppose.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Sep 21, 2004
  5. szamot

    Evertjan. Guest

    Tomasz Gawin wrote on 22 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:

    >> serverside ASP [or PHP?]
    >>
    >> plus
    >>
    >> clientside wscript with httpxml get and post
    >> [either jscript or vbscript]
    >>

    > ASP or PHP - which one would be better? I have no experience with ASP
    > :(

    Depends on your experience and the available server.

    I choose ASP.

    > Do You know some www pages where can I found informations about this
    > (some sources and manuals)?
    > I know, I know, Google machine etc., but if You know ...

    That would be telling ....

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Sep 22, 2004
  6. szamot

    Robert Guest

    "Tomasz Gawin" <> wrote in message news:<cir55q$h8$>...

    > Do You know some www pages where can I found informations about this (some
    > sources and manuals)?
    > I know, I know, Google machine etc., but if You know ...

    Here is a pointer to the client side documentation.

    Heading is " 4.38 How do I download a page to a variable?"

    http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_38

    don't miss the example:

    http://jibbering.com/2002/4/add.1

    I still haven't figured out how to see the source of add.1 nor why a
    filetype of one works.

    I got the file to work on my machine by using the path instead of the
    relative path.

    Robert
    Robert, Sep 23, 2004
  7. szamot

    Randy Webb Guest

    Robert wrote:
    > "Tomasz Gawin" <> wrote in message news:<cir55q$h8$>...
    >

    >>Do You know some www pages where can I found informations about this (some
    >>sources and manuals)?
    >>I know, I know, Google machine etc., but if You know ...

    > Here is a pointer to the client side documentation.
    >
    > Heading is " 4.38 How do I download a page to a variable?"
    >
    > http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_38
    >
    > don't miss the example:
    >
    > http://jibbering.com/2002/4/add.1

    Which leads to this page:
    http://jibbering.com/2002/4/httprequest.html

    Which is directly referenced from the FAQ. It explains how it works, how
    to use it, and some of its advantages/uses.

    Richard, its been updated. Did you update it or Jim?

    > I still haven't figured out how to see the source of add.1 nor why a
    > filetype of one works.

    Because the server is set for it to work. The browser actually doesn't
    care what the extension is, as long as the content-type header is set.

    But the source of add.1 is going to be some server side processing that
    generates the page you actually see. It also returns the results of the
    addition it performs. Pretty spiffy page though :)

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Sep 23, 2004