(soft)real-time transfer with java

szamot

Hi,
Is here someone with experience: two-direction (soft) real-time transfer
data from database on server computer (for example SQL) to hosts with
webbrowser (for example Netscape, IE)?

Evertjan.

szamot wrote on 21 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
Is here someone with experience: two-direction (soft) real-time transfer
data from database on server computer (for example SQL) to hosts with
webbrowser (for example Netscape, IE)?

host == server [Do you mean client ?]

java != javascript

How can you transfer not in real time?

szamot

yes, configuration client-server,
yes, my mistake, I mean JavaScript,
In realtime - I mean continous proces: I have industrial proces, server
which saves proces information and now I need controling this proces via
Internet (web browser). Proces data are changing very quickly, so, in www
page this data should changing very quickly, too.
And here I have problem: how can I do this? Have You some ideas?

Evertjan.

szamot wrote on 21 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
yes, configuration client-server,
yes, my mistake, I mean JavaScript,
In realtime - I mean continous proces: I have industrial proces, server
which saves proces information and now I need controling this proces via
Internet (web browser). Proces data are changing very quickly, so, in www
page this data should changing very quickly, too.
And here I have problem: how can I do this? Have You some ideas?

serverside ASP [or PHP?]

plus

clientside wscript with httpxml get and post
[either jscript or vbscript]

I suppose.

Evertjan.

Tomasz Gawin wrote on 22 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
serverside ASP [or PHP?]

plus

clientside wscript with httpxml get and post
[either jscript or vbscript]

ASP or PHP - which one would be better? I have no experience with ASP
:(

Depends on your experience and the available server.

I choose ASP.
Do You know some www pages where can I found informations about this
(some sources and manuals)?
I know, I know, Google machine etc., but if You know ...

That would be telling ....

Robert

Tomasz Gawin said:
Do You know some www pages where can I found informations about this (some
sources and manuals)?
I know, I know, Google machine etc., but if You know ...

Here is a pointer to the client side documentation.

Heading is " 4.38 How do I download a page to a variable?"

http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_38

don't miss the example:

http://jibbering.com/2002/4/add.1

I still haven't figured out how to see the source of add.1 nor why a
filetype of one works.

I got the file to work on my machine by using the path instead of the
relative path.

Robert

Randy Webb

Robert said:
Here is a pointer to the client side documentation.

Heading is " 4.38 How do I download a page to a variable?"

http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_38

don't miss the example:

http://jibbering.com/2002/4/add.1

Which leads to this page:
http://jibbering.com/2002/4/httprequest.html

Which is directly referenced from the FAQ. It explains how it works, how
to use it, and some of its advantages/uses.

Richard, its been updated. Did you update it or Jim?
I still haven't figured out how to see the source of add.1 nor why a
filetype of one works.

Because the server is set for it to work. The browser actually doesn't
care what the extension is, as long as the content-type header is set.

But the source of add.1 is going to be some server side processing that
generates the page you actually see. It also returns the results of the
addition it performs. Pretty spiffy page though :)