Software Developer earning his Doctorate needs help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tim Dore, Apr 17, 2004.

  1. Tim Dore

    Tim Dore Guest

    I have been a Software Developer for 25 years mostly PC
    based for the last 20. I have been earning my Doctorate
    for the past 4 years and am now doing my Dissertation. The
    theme of my dissertation is the relationships between job
    characteristics, job satisfaction and turnover intention
    among Software Developers. I have developed a model that
    shows the paths from job characteristics such as autonomy
    or task significance to job satisfiers such as internal
    work motivation or satisfaction with pay, and ending with
    the Developer's turnover intention (quitting their job in
    the near future). Survey data will drive the model and
    will hopefully serve as a basis for structuring programs
    and policies to promote the retention of Software
    Developers.

    The help I need is if you're a Software Developer I would
    truly appreciate it if you would take a few minutes out of
    your busy schedule and take my survey at
    http://www.dolphinmsds.com/progsurvey The survey consists
    of 6 pages and should take about 5 to 10 minutes to take.

    Your e-mail address is optional but if you leave it I will
    send you a copy of my dissertation in the next 90 days. I
    will also have a drawing for 4 Amazon $50 gift
    certificates for survey participants. The survey results
    will be very helpful for future developers and for
    management to understand the nature of developers. After 6
    days I have 164 responses and I need about 300 so feel
    free to ask your Developer friends and I sincerely thank
    you for the help. Also, thanks to the 164 developers that
    were kind enough to respond!

    Tim
    Tim Dore, Apr 17, 2004