Software Developer earning his Doctorate needs help

Tim Dore

I have been a Software Developer for 25 years mostly PC
based for the last 20. I have been earning my Doctorate
for the past 4 years and am now doing my Dissertation. The
theme of my dissertation is the relationships between job
characteristics, job satisfaction and turnover intention
among Software Developers. I have developed a model that
shows the paths from job characteristics such as autonomy
or task significance to job satisfiers such as internal
work motivation or satisfaction with pay, and ending with
the Developer's turnover intention (quitting their job in
the near future). Survey data will drive the model and
will hopefully serve as a basis for structuring programs
and policies to promote the retention of Software
Developers.

The help I need is if you're a Software Developer I would
truly appreciate it if you would take a few minutes out of
your busy schedule and take my survey at
http://www.dolphinmsds.com/progsurvey The survey consists
of 6 pages and should take about 5 to 10 minutes to take.

Your e-mail address is optional but if you leave it I will
send you a copy of my dissertation in the next 90 days. I
will also have a drawing for 4 Amazon $50 gift
certificates for survey participants. The survey results
will be very helpful for future developers and for
management to understand the nature of developers. After 6
days I have 164 responses and I need about 300 so feel
free to ask your Developer friends and I sincerely thank
you for the help. Also, thanks to the 164 developers that
were kind enough to respond!

Tim