Software Development Engineer Position

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Director of Computer & IT Division, Jan 8, 2007.

  1. I have been engaged by an excellent client in Santa Monica, CA to
    identify a Software Development Engineer. I would welcome a
    confidential referral of someone who would appreciate learning more of
    this opportunity.

    I have enclosed a brief position description for your convenience and
    thank you in advance for your courtesy.

    Respectfully,

    Kris Roxas
    Director, Computer & Information
    Technologies Division
    National Search Associates
    Direct: 760.268.0376
    Fax: 760-683-3044

    www.nsasearch.com

    Software Development Engineer
    Santa Monica, CA

    Do you love gaming? Our client is in need of an experienced engineer
    with the ability to write complex SQL queries and perform as a database
    and tools developer. The candidate needs to be flexible enough to take
    over the company's existing tools and pipeline and make necessary
    changes. The position will be the liaison between the designers and
    the developers so good communication skills are critical.

    REQUIRED:

    · Experience building/managing SQL Server database.
    · Experience building DB tools in C# and C++ that communicate with
    SQL Server, Excel, XML.
    · Must be highly proficient in SQL, C++, C#.
    · Strong math background.
    · Minimum of 5 years with C/C++ development required.
    · Experience with C# is also required

    PREFERRED:

    · A bachelors or equivalent technical degree
    · Experience in games is a plus.
    · Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo or other console experience is a plus.

    If you are interested and believe you are qualified please forward your
    email in an MS Word.doc format to . On the Subject
    line, please insert the position title followed by your name.

    Director of Computer & IT Division, Jan 8, 2007

  2. "Director of Computer & IT Division" <> writes:
    > I have been engaged by an excellent client in Santa Monica, CA to
    > identify a Software Development Engineer. I would welcome a
    > confidential referral of someone who would appreciate learning more of
    > this opportunity.

    [snip]

    There are numerous newsgroups with "jobs" in their names. This is not
    one of them. Job postings are not welcome here.

    Keith Thompson, Jan 8, 2007

  3. Director of Computer & IT Division

    Joe Wright Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > "Director of Computer & IT Division" <> writes:
    >> I have been engaged by an excellent client in Santa Monica, CA to
    >> identify a Software Development Engineer. I would welcome a
    >> confidential referral of someone who would appreciate learning more of
    >> this opportunity.

    > [snip]
    >
    > There are numerous newsgroups with "jobs" in their names. This is not
    > one of them. Job postings are not welcome here.

    Are'nt you failing your own advice? You re-post the idiot's message and
    address and then address a message to him. He isn't listening!

    I have learned, from you I thought, to simply ignore these things.

    --
    Joe Wright
    --- Albert Einstein ---

    Joe Wright, Jan 8, 2007
  4. Joe Wright <> writes:
    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    >> "Director of Computer & IT Division" <> writes:
    >>> I have been engaged by an excellent client in Santa Monica, CA to
    >>> identify a Software Development Engineer. I would welcome a
    >>> confidential referral of someone who would appreciate learning more of
    >>> this opportunity.

    >> [snip]
    >> There are numerous newsgroups with "jobs" in their names. This is
    >> not
    >> one of them. Job postings are not welcome here.
    >>

    > Are'nt you failing your own advice? You re-post the idiot's message
    > and address and then address a message to him. He isn't listening!
    >
    > I have learned, from you I thought, to simply ignore these things.

    I see your point. However, (a) I quoted only a few lines of the
    message, (b) the poster probably thought his ad was relevant to C, so
    he might read followups here, and (c) my reply could possibly serve as
    a reminder to others not to post job ads here. (That last is
    admittedly a weak point; anyone who would post a job ad to comp.lang.c
    is unlikely to have been following the group.)

    The ad appeared to be a targeted but inappropriate article, not a
    widely posted spam. If I had thought it was spam, I certainly would
    have ignored it.

    But yes, it might have been better to contact the poster directly by
    e-mail.

    Keith Thompson, Jan 8, 2007
  5. Director of Computer & IT Division

    Richard Guest

    Joe Wright <> writes:

    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    >> "Director of Computer & IT Division" <> writes:
    >>> I have been engaged by an excellent client in Santa Monica, CA to
    >>> identify a Software Development Engineer. I would welcome a
    >>> confidential referral of someone who would appreciate learning more of
    >>> this opportunity.

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> There are numerous newsgroups with "jobs" in their names. This is not
    >> one of them. Job postings are not welcome here.
    >>

    > Are'nt you failing your own advice? You re-post the idiot's message
    > and address and then address a message to him. He isn't listening!
    >
    > I have learned, from you I thought, to simply ignore these things.

    There are certain posters who feel it is their duty to repeat the same
    rubbish time & time again and pollute the newsgroup yet more. They feel
    the "rules" (their rules) dont apply to themselves. Ignoring an article
    when there is a chance to see their name in lights is not an option.

    Tedious isn't it?

    There are even posters here who *only* post reprimands about articles
    being "off topic" or "c++ being down the corridoor second left".

    Cringeworthy stuff.

    Richard, Jan 9, 2007
  6. Richard <> writes:
    > Joe Wright <> writes:
    >> Keith Thompson wrote:
    >>> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> There are numerous newsgroups with "jobs" in their names. This is not
    >>> one of them. Job postings are not welcome here.
    >>>

    >> Are'nt you failing your own advice? You re-post the idiot's message
    >> and address and then address a message to him. He isn't listening!
    >>
    >> I have learned, from you I thought, to simply ignore these things.

    > There are certain posters who feel it is their duty to repeat the same
    > rubbish time & time again and pollute the newsgroup yet more. They feel
    > the "rules" (their rules) dont apply to themselves. Ignoring an article
    > when there is a chance to see their name in lights is not an option.

    There may be, but I'm not one of them, and I've already acknowledged
    that it might have been better if I'd ignored this particular posting.
    I'm human. I make mistakes.

    [...]

    > There are even posters here who *only* post reprimands about articles
    > being "off topic" or "c++ being down the corridoor second left".

    Name one.

    Keith Thompson, Jan 9, 2007
  7. Keith Thompson said:

    > Richard <> writes:

    <snip>

    >> There are certain posters who feel it is their duty to repeat the same
    >> rubbish time & time again and pollute the newsgroup yet more. They feel
    >> the "rules" (their rules) dont apply to themselves. Ignoring an article
    >> when there is a chance to see their name in lights is not an option.

    > There may be, but I'm not one of them, and I've already acknowledged
    > that it might have been better if I'd ignored this particular posting.
    > I'm human. I make mistakes.

    As do we all. Would that we were all so capable of acknowledging them and
    learning from them.

    >> There are even posters here who *only* post reprimands about articles
    >> being "off topic" or "c++ being down the corridoor second left".

    > Name one.

    Here, though, I think Richard <rgrdev> is on firmer ground, although his
    "*only*" is, I believe, an exaggeration. Certainly there are those in the
    group who appear to post disciplinary messages more often than they post
    good, solid, technical replies to topical questions.

    Maintaining topicality *is* important. Occasional larting of top-posters
    doesn't do much harm, either. But comp.lang.c's share of such things does
    seem to be rather excessive at times, and that excess can be laid at the
    door of a very few people.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, Jan 9, 2007
  8. In article <>,
    Richard Heathfield <> wrote:
    >Here, though, I think Richard <rgrdev> is on firmer ground, although his
    >"*only*" is, I believe, an exaggeration. Certainly there are those in the
    >group who appear to post disciplinary messages more often than they post
    >good, solid, technical replies to topical questions.

    And, this just in, the sky is blue.

    >Maintaining topicality *is* important. Occasional larting of top-posters
    >doesn't do much harm, either. But comp.lang.c's share of such things does
    >seem to be rather excessive at times, and that excess can be laid at the
    >door of a very few people.

    And the sun rises in the east.

    Kenny McCormack, Jan 9, 2007
  9. Director of Computer & IT Division

    CBFalconer Guest

    Richard Heathfield wrote:

    .... snip ...

    > Maintaining topicality *is* important. Occasional larting of
    > top-posters doesn't do much harm, either. But comp.lang.c's share
    > of such things does seem to be rather excessive at times, and that
    > excess can be laid at the door of a very few people.

    I try to maintain a set of sigs to cover the common sins and why
    and how to avoid them.

    What is the etymology of 'lart'? Is it a Briticism?

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Jan 9, 2007
  10. Richard Heathfield, Jan 9, 2007
  11. CBFalconer <> writes:
    > Richard Heathfield wrote:
    >>

    > ... snip ...
    >>
    >> Maintaining topicality *is* important. Occasional larting of
    >> top-posters doesn't do much harm, either. But comp.lang.c's share
    >> of such things does seem to be rather excessive at times, and that
    >> excess can be laid at the door of a very few people.

    > I try to maintain a set of sigs to cover the common sins and why
    > and how to avoid them.
    >
    > What is the etymology of 'lart'? Is it a Briticism?

    No, it's a hackerism, an acronym for "Luser Attitude Readjustment
    Tool". See <http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/L/LART.html>.
    ("Luser" is slang for a user who is also a loser.)

    Keith Thompson, Jan 9, 2007
  12. Director of Computer & IT Division

    Default User Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:

    > CBFalconer <> writes:

    > > What is the etymology of 'lart'? Is it a Briticism?

    > No, it's a hackerism, an acronym for "Luser Attitude Readjustment
    > Tool". See <http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/L/LART.html>.
    > ("Luser" is slang for a user who is also a loser.)

    You say that as if there were users that weren't losers. Not very BOFH
    of you.

    Brian

    Default User, Jan 10, 2007