Software Development Engineer Position

Director of Computer & IT Division

I have been engaged by an excellent client in Santa Monica, CA to
identify a Software Development Engineer. I would welcome a
confidential referral of someone who would appreciate learning more of
this opportunity.

I have enclosed a brief position description for your convenience and
thank you in advance for your courtesy.

Respectfully,

Kris Roxas
Director, Computer & Information
Technologies Division
National Search Associates
Direct: 760.268.0376
Fax: 760-683-3044
(e-mail address removed)
www.nsasearch.com

Software Development Engineer
Santa Monica, CA

Do you love gaming? Our client is in need of an experienced engineer
with the ability to write complex SQL queries and perform as a database
and tools developer. The candidate needs to be flexible enough to take
over the company's existing tools and pipeline and make necessary
changes. The position will be the liaison between the designers and
the developers so good communication skills are critical.

REQUIRED:

· Experience building/managing SQL Server database.
· Experience building DB tools in C# and C++ that communicate with
SQL Server, Excel, XML.
· Must be highly proficient in SQL, C++, C#.
· Strong math background.
· Minimum of 5 years with C/C++ development required.
· Experience with C# is also required

PREFERRED:

· A bachelors or equivalent technical degree
· Experience in games is a plus.
· Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo or other console experience is a plus.

If you are interested and believe you are qualified please forward your
email in an MS Word.doc format to (e-mail address removed). On the Subject
line, please insert the position title followed by your name.

Keith Thompson

Director of Computer & IT Division said:
I have been engaged by an excellent client in Santa Monica, CA to
identify a Software Development Engineer. I would welcome a
confidential referral of someone who would appreciate learning more of
this opportunity.
[snip]

There are numerous newsgroups with "jobs" in their names. This is not
one of them. Job postings are not welcome here.

Joe Wright

Keith said:
Director of Computer & IT Division said:
I have been engaged by an excellent client in Santa Monica, CA to
identify a Software Development Engineer. I would welcome a
confidential referral of someone who would appreciate learning more of
this opportunity.
[snip]

There are numerous newsgroups with "jobs" in their names. This is not
one of them. Job postings are not welcome here.
Are'nt you failing your own advice? You re-post the idiot's message and
address and then address a message to him. He isn't listening!

I have learned, from you I thought, to simply ignore these things.

Keith Thompson

Joe Wright said:
Keith said:
Director of Computer & IT Division said:
I have been engaged by an excellent client in Santa Monica, CA to
identify a Software Development Engineer. I would welcome a
confidential referral of someone who would appreciate learning more of
this opportunity.
[snip]
There are numerous newsgroups with "jobs" in their names. This is
not
one of them. Job postings are not welcome here.
Are'nt you failing your own advice? You re-post the idiot's message
and address and then address a message to him. He isn't listening!

I have learned, from you I thought, to simply ignore these things.

I see your point. However, (a) I quoted only a few lines of the
message, (b) the poster probably thought his ad was relevant to C, so
he might read followups here, and (c) my reply could possibly serve as
a reminder to others not to post job ads here. (That last is
admittedly a weak point; anyone who would post a job ad to comp.lang.c
is unlikely to have been following the group.)

The ad appeared to be a targeted but inappropriate article, not a
widely posted spam. If I had thought it was spam, I certainly would
have ignored it.

But yes, it might have been better to contact the poster directly by
e-mail.

Richard

Joe Wright said:
Keith said:
Director of Computer & IT Division said:
I have been engaged by an excellent client in Santa Monica, CA to
identify a Software Development Engineer. I would welcome a
confidential referral of someone who would appreciate learning more of
this opportunity.
[snip]

There are numerous newsgroups with "jobs" in their names. This is not
one of them. Job postings are not welcome here.
Are'nt you failing your own advice? You re-post the idiot's message
and address and then address a message to him. He isn't listening!

I have learned, from you I thought, to simply ignore these things.

There are certain posters who feel it is their duty to repeat the same
rubbish time & time again and pollute the newsgroup yet more. They feel
the "rules" (their rules) dont apply to themselves. Ignoring an article
when there is a chance to see their name in lights is not an option.

Tedious isn't it?

There are even posters here who *only* post reprimands about articles
being "off topic" or "c++ being down the corridoor second left".

Cringeworthy stuff.

Keith Thompson

Richard said:
Joe Wright said:
Keith said:
I have been engaged by an excellent client in Santa Monica, CA to
identify a Software Development Engineer. I would welcome a
confidential referral of someone who would appreciate learning more of
this opportunity.
[snip]

There are numerous newsgroups with "jobs" in their names. This is not
one of them. Job postings are not welcome here.
Are'nt you failing your own advice? You re-post the idiot's message
and address and then address a message to him. He isn't listening!

I have learned, from you I thought, to simply ignore these things.

There are certain posters who feel it is their duty to repeat the same
rubbish time & time again and pollute the newsgroup yet more. They feel
the "rules" (their rules) dont apply to themselves. Ignoring an article
when there is a chance to see their name in lights is not an option.

There may be, but I'm not one of them, and I've already acknowledged
that it might have been better if I'd ignored this particular posting.
I'm human. I make mistakes.

[...]
There are even posters here who *only* post reprimands about articles
being "off topic" or "c++ being down the corridoor second left".

Name one.

Richard Heathfield

Keith Thompson said:
There may be, but I'm not one of them, and I've already acknowledged
that it might have been better if I'd ignored this particular posting.
I'm human. I make mistakes.

As do we all. Would that we were all so capable of acknowledging them and
learning from them.
Name one.

Here, though, I think Richard <rgrdev> is on firmer ground, although his
"*only*" is, I believe, an exaggeration. Certainly there are those in the
group who appear to post disciplinary messages more often than they post
good, solid, technical replies to topical questions.

Maintaining topicality *is* important. Occasional larting of top-posters
doesn't do much harm, either. But comp.lang.c's share of such things does
seem to be rather excessive at times, and that excess can be laid at the
door of a very few people.

Kenny McCormack

Richard Heathfield said:
Here, though, I think Richard <rgrdev> is on firmer ground, although his
"*only*" is, I believe, an exaggeration. Certainly there are those in the
group who appear to post disciplinary messages more often than they post
good, solid, technical replies to topical questions.

And, this just in, the sky is blue.
Maintaining topicality *is* important. Occasional larting of top-posters
doesn't do much harm, either. But comp.lang.c's share of such things does
seem to be rather excessive at times, and that excess can be laid at the
door of a very few people.

And the sun rises in the east.

CBFalconer

Richard said:
.... snip ...

Maintaining topicality *is* important. Occasional larting of
top-posters doesn't do much harm, either. But comp.lang.c's share
of such things does seem to be rather excessive at times, and that
excess can be laid at the door of a very few people.

I try to maintain a set of sigs to cover the common sins and why
and how to avoid them.

What is the etymology of 'lart'? Is it a Briticism?