Software error using CGI::Session - Your vendor has not defined Fcntl macro O_NOFOLLOW

wmwilson01

Can anyone shed some light on how I can address this:

Software error:
Your vendor has not defined Fcntl macro O_NOFOLLOW, used at /usr/local/
lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/CGI/Session/Driver/file.pm line 26.

$ /usr/local/bin/perl -v

This is perl, v5.6.0 built for sun4-solaris

CGI::Session version is 4.20

Thanks.

xhoster

Can anyone shed some light on how I can address this:

Software error:
Your vendor has not defined Fcntl macro O_NOFOLLOW, used at /usr/local/
lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/CGI/Session/Driver/file.pm line 26.

$ /usr/local/bin/perl -v

This is perl, v5.6.0 built for sun4-solaris

CGI::Session version is 4.20

I don't know why the eval isn't doing what it is supposed to be
doing. Perhaps Fcntl is somehow bypassing it. What version of Fcntl do
you have?

You could probably fix it by changing line 26 of the indicated file from
$NO_FOLLOW = eval { O_NOFOLLOW } || 0;

$NO_FOLLOW = 0;

Xho

wmwilson01

I don't know why the eval isn't doing what it is supposed to be
doing. Perhaps Fcntl is somehow bypassing it. What version of Fcntl do
you have?

I'll give that a try. Fcntl version is 1.03.

xhoster

I'll give that a try. Fcntl version is 1.03.

I don't seen any diff between 1.03 and what I have that would
seem relevant.

Hmmm. Are you monkeying around with $SIG{__DIE__}? I ask because
the only way I've been able to reproduce your error is if I put something
like:
BEGIN {$SIG{__DIE__} = sub {warn $_[0]; exit};}

before the "my $s=new CGI::Session"

Xho