Software needed

niXin

Hi

Can anyone direct me to where I can find free software to do the following:

Document Management Software
---------------------------

1. Written in PHP or Python
2. scanning feature - where I can scan a document

I'm basically trying to setup a paperless office..lol

If you could help that would be great.

Thanx

Fuzzyman

Sounds like the sort of project that could work as a plugin to
chandler.

There's a Python interface to TWAIN (the scanner protocol) - but I'm
not *aware* of anything built on top of it. google may have a better
idea though.

Regards,

Fuzzy
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python

Peter Herndon

"Document Management Software" is a little vague. What do you want it
to do? In general though, when someone says "content management" and
"Python", the general response is Zope, usually with Plone on top.

Richie Hindle

[Fuzzy]
There's a Python interface to TWAIN (the scanner protocol)
[Alexis]
Where I could find the TWAIN python interface ?

Try typing "python twain" into Google. The first hit is:

http://twainmodule.sourceforge.net/
"The Python TWAIN module provides an interface to scanners, digital
cameras and other devices which implement TWAIN, for the Windows
platform. It provides the functionality to allow a Python
application to connect to the scanner/camera and to retrieve images
from that device."