Software to Create DHTML Drop Down Menu

maflu

Hi,
I am looking for a good software that would enable me to create DHTML
drop down menus for websites and have complete control over the design
of such menus. Any recommandation? Thank you
Cheers

EightNineThree

maflu said:
Hi,
I am looking for a good software that would enable me to create DHTML
drop down menus for websites and have complete control over the design
of such menus. Any recommandation? Thank you
Cheers

The first question to answer is "Why?".
Those things are often called "Slippery" in usability studies, and they have
massive accessibility problems.
They can be made so that they're accessible, but I'd bet that anything
pre-made or made by software won't do them right. Even then, you have the
slipperiness to deal with.

--
Karl Core

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid.
Friedrich Nietzsche

eightninethree AT eightninethree.com

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

EightNineThree said:
The first question to answer is "Why?".
Those things are often called "Slippery" in usability studies, and they have
massive accessibility problems.
They can be made so that they're accessible, but I'd bet that anything
pre-made or made by software won't do them right. Even then, you have the
slipperiness to deal with.

I honestly thought we wanted/needed some sort of DHTML drop down menu, in
our last design. We tested, retested and decided all was well to launch.
It wasn't.

It was, by far, the most nightmarish experience I've had with a design
problem...and, in the end, we scrapped the drop down menu. I even had
several alt.html'ers take a stab at fixing the code. There was one that
came pretty close, but still had unexpected problems. Our current design
(which is being completely redone, at the moment) is a mess because we had
to piece together a fix for the lack of proper navigation.

My point? Don't bother with drop downs. They're kinda like
frames...something you CAN do, but certainly more trouble than they're
worth.

BTW - Our new, yet unlaunched design: http://ebay.affordablehost.com :)

--Tina

Adrienne

BTW - Our new, yet unlaunched design: http://ebay.affordablehost.com :)

It looks great, but ...

Why are you using 11px font size?

That javascript could go into an external file, save some load time.

Line 146
A:hover { FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #DD4F05; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-
DECORATION: noe}

S/B text-decoration: none

As a matter of fact, the style element should go into an external style
sheet anyway.

I really like the way it looks, probably the best yet.