    Best regards,
    Francis

    , Aug 9, 2005

  2. On Aug 9, 2005, at 12:56 PM, wrote:

    > I just saw the 15m intro movie for Ruby on Rails and I wonder what
    > software the presentor was using for the demo. Especially the terminal
    > and the editor.
    >
    > Does anybody know?

    The editor is TextMate and I really think it's worth a look, assuming
    you're on OS X.

    James Edward Gray II

    James Edward Gray II, Aug 9, 2005

    Yes I'm using OS X at work. I really wanted something that uses tabbed
    windows and finally found something!

    But the console/terminal also seems to have tabs? Does anyone know
    where I can get it?

    Francis

    , Aug 9, 2005
  4. Xavier Noria Guest

    On Aug 9, 2005, at 20:11, wrote:

    > Yes I'm using OS X at work. I really wanted something that uses tabbed
    > windows and finally found something!
    >
    > But the console/terminal also seems to have tabs? Does anyone know
    > where I can get it?

    That's surely iTerm:

    http://iterm.sourceforge.net/

    -- fxn

    Xavier Noria, Aug 9, 2005
  5. Matt Mower Guest

    On 8/9/05, Xavier Noria <> wrote:
    > On Aug 9, 2005, at 20:11, wrote:
    >=20
    >=20
    > > Yes I'm using OS X at work. I really wanted something that uses tabbed
    > > windows and finally found something!
    > >
    > > But the console/terminal also seems to have tabs? Does anyone know
    > > where I can get it?
    > >

    >=20
    > That's surely iTerm:
    >=20
    > http://iterm.sourceforge.net/
    >=20

    Yes it's iTerm. DHH used (when I asked him about it a couple of weeks
    ago) 0.7.8 in preference to the latest version. I've been using it
    and it's quite good.

    Also TextMate is great. I just wish we had a ruby source beautfier
    application...

    --=20
    Matt Mower :: http://matt.blogs.it/

    Matt Mower, Aug 10, 2005
  6. TextMate is pretty nice, but I've still been more productive lately
    in the Aquamacs emacs distribution (with the awful frame-per-buffer
    and frame-fit stuff turned off). I'm a vim guy, so it takes a lot to
    admit this in public, but inferior ruby is just too useful.

    -Brian

    Brian McCallister, Aug 10, 2005
  7. On Aug 10, 2005, at 9:12 AM, Brian McCallister wrote:

    > TextMate is pretty nice, but I've still been more productive lately
    > in the Aquamacs emacs distribution (with the awful frame-per-buffer
    > and frame-fit stuff turned off). I'm a vim guy, so it takes a lot
    > to admit this in public, but inferior ruby is just too useful.
    >
    > -Brian

    What's "inferior ruby" ?

    -Shalev

    Shalev NessAiver, Aug 10, 2005