    mode. However, almost all programs can be launched by just clicking an icon.
    How can I design the installer and let my software detect the existence of
    java and allow my software run properly?
    yuen, Aug 29, 2003

  2. "karl wettin" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:04:22 +0800
    > "yuen" <> wrote:
    >
    > > I use java to write a software. I compile and run the program in command
    > > mode. However, almost all programs can be launched by just clicking an

    icon.
    > > How can I design the installer and let my software detect the existence

    of
    > > java and allow my software run properly?

    > You can try InstallAnywhere, for instance.

    Java Web Start is another choice. It's free of charge, downloadable from
    Sun's web site.

    /Morten
    Morten Nørgaard, Aug 29, 2003

  3. "yuen" <> writes:
    > I use java to write a software. I compile and run the program in command
    > mode. However, almost all programs can be launched by just clicking an icon.

    On some operating systems yes, on others not.

    > How can I design the installer and let my software detect the existence of
    > java and allow my software run properly?

    Search the Sun web site and an archive of this group for the following
    keywords, which might be what you want:

    - Executable Jars / Executable Java Archives

    - Java Web Start / JWS

    /Thomas
    Thomas Weidenfeller, Aug 29, 2003