Solaris 9, problem building Python 2.1.1

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Harrison, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Ok before I start, please dont mail me telling me to use a more recent version of Python, I _would_ use 2.2.x but due to an existing framework all based on using 2.1.1 I have been specifically told to use 2.1.1 to avoid any crossover issues/problems.
    Thanks ;-)

    So ...

    Using gcc Im compiling Python2.1.1, and it configures quite reasonably,
    the ./configure is trascribed at the bottom of this email.

    now once I have done that I compile it using make and it compiles just fine.
    But once I start up the interpreter and 'import socket' I get the following error :
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/socket.py", line 41, in ?
    from _socket import *
    ImportError: ld.so.1: python2.1: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.6: open failed: No such file or directory

    Now Ive looked through comp.lang.python for anything matching this, or solaris, etc but have come up pretty blank.

    Has anyone got any good news or ideas for me on this ?
    Cheers
    Dave

    Transcription of ./configure
    creating cache ./config.cache
    checking MACHDEP... sunos5
    checking for --without-gcc... no
    checking for --with-cxx=<compiler>... no
    checking for c++... c++
    checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ ) works... yes
    checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ ) is a cross-compiler... no
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
    checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
    checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
    checking for Cygwin environment... no
    checking for mingw32 environment... no
    checking for executable suffix... no
    checking for --with-suffix...
    checking LIBRARY... libpython$(VERSION).a
    checking LINKCC... $(PURIFY) $(CC)
    checking LDLIBRARY... libpython$(VERSION).a
    checking for ranlib... ranlib
    checking for ar... ar
    checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/local/bin/install -c
    checking for AIX... no
    checking for minix/config.h... no
    checking whether gcc accepts -OPT:Olimit=0... no
    checking whether gcc accepts -Olimit 1500... no
    checking for ANSI C header files... yes
    checking for dlfcn.h... yes
    checking for fcntl.h... yes
    checking for limits.h... yes
    checking for locale.h... yes
    checking for ncurses.h... yes
    checking for poll.h... yes
    checking for pthread.h... yes
    checking for signal.h... yes
    checking for stdarg.h... yes
    checking for stddef.h... yes
    checking for stdlib.h... yes
    checking for thread.h... yes
    checking for unistd.h... yes
    checking for utime.h... yes
    checking for termios.h... yes
    checking for sys/audioio.h... yes
    checking for sys/file.h... yes
    checking for sys/lock.h... yes
    checking for sys/modem.h... no
    checking for db_185.h... no
    checking for db.h... no
    checking for sys/param.h... yes
    checking for sys/poll.h... yes
    checking for sys/select.h... yes
    checking for sys/socket.h... yes
    checking for sys/time.h... yes
    checking for sys/times.h... yes
    checking for sys/un.h... yes
    checking for sys/utsname.h... yes
    checking for sys/wait.h... yes
    checking for pty.h... no
    checking for libutil.h... no
    checking for ndbm.h... yes
    checking for db1/ndbm.h... no
    checking for gdbm/ndbm.h... no
    checking for sys/resource.h... yes
    checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
    checking for opendir in -ldir... no
    checking for clock_t in time.h... yes
    checking for mode_t... yes
    checking for off_t... yes
    checking for pid_t... yes
    checking return type of signal handlers... void
    checking for size_t... yes
    checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
    checking size of int... 4
    checking size of long... 4
    checking size of void *... 4
    checking size of char... 1
    checking size of short... 2
    checking size of float... 4
    checking size of double... 8
    checking size of fpos_t... 4
    checking for long long support... yes
    checking size of long long... 8
    checking for uintptr_t support... no
    checking size of off_t... 4
    checking whether to enable large file support... no
    checking size of time_t... 4
    checking for pthread_t... yes
    checking size of pthread_t... 4
    checking for --with-next-framework... no
    checking for --with-dyld... no
    checking SO... .so
    checking LDSHARED... $(CC) -shared
    checking CCSHARED... -fPIC
    checking LINKFORSHARED...
    checking CFLAGSFORSHARED...
    checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
    checking for shl_load in -ldld... no
    checking for --with-pydebug... no
    checking for t_open in -lnsl... yes
    checking for socket in -lsocket... yes
    checking for --with-libs... no
    checking for --with-signal-module... yes
    checking for --with-dec-threads... no
    checking for --with-threads... yes
    checking for mach/cthreads.h... no
    checking for --with-pth... no
    checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
    checking for usconfig in -lmpc... no
    checking for thr_create in -lthread... yes
    checking for --with-cycle-gc... yes
    checking for --with-pymalloc... no
    checking for --with-wctype-functions... no
    checking for --with-sgi-dl... no
    checking for --with-dl-dld... no
    checking for dlopen... yes
    checking DYNLOADFILE... dynload_shlib.o
    checking for alarm... yes
    checking for chown... yes
    checking for clock... yes
    checking for confstr... yes
    checking for ctermid... yes
    checking for ctermid_r... yes
    checking for execv... yes
    checking for flock... no
    checking for fork... yes
    checking for fsync... yes
    checking for fdatasync... no
    checking for fpathconf... yes
    checking for ftime... yes
    checking for ftruncate... yes
    checking for getgroups... yes
    checking for getlogin... yes
    checking for getpeername... yes
    checking for getpid... yes
    checking for getpwent... yes
    checking for getwd... yes
    checking for kill... yes
    checking for link... yes
    checking for lstat... yes
    checking for mkfifo... yes
    checking for mktime... yes
    checking for mremap... no
    checking for nice... yes
    checking for pathconf... yes
    checking for pause... yes
    checking for plock... yes
    checking for poll... yes
    checking for pthread_init... no
    checking for putenv... yes
    checking for readlink... yes
    checking for select... yes
    checking for setegid... yes
    checking for seteuid... yes
    checking for setgid... yes
    checking for setlocale... yes
    checking for setregid... yes
    checking for setreuid... yes
    checking for setsid... yes
    checking for setpgid... yes
    checking for setuid... yes
    checking for setvbuf... yes
    checking for sigaction... yes
    checking for siginterrupt... yes
    checking for sigrelse... yes
    checking for strftime... yes
    checking for strptime... yes
    checking for symlink... yes
    checking for sysconf... yes
    checking for tcgetpgrp... yes
    checking for tcsetpgrp... yes
    checking for tempnam... yes
    checking for timegm... no
    checking for times... yes
    checking for tmpfile... yes
    checking for tmpnam... yes
    checking for tmpnam_r... yes
    checking for truncate... yes
    checking for uname... yes
    checking for waitpid... yes
    checking for _getpty... no
    checking for getpriority... yes
    checking for openpty... no
    checking for openpty in -lutil... no
    checking for forkpty... no
    checking for forkpty in -lutil... no
    checking for fseek64... no
    checking for fseeko... yes
    checking for fstatvfs... yes
    checking for ftell64... no
    checking for ftello... yes
    checking for statvfs... yes
    checking for dup2... yes
    checking for getcwd... yes
    checking for strdup... yes
    checking for strerror... yes
    checking for memmove... yes
    checking for getpgrp... yes
    checking for setpgrp... yes
    checking for gettimeofday... yes
    checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
    checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
    checking for tm_zone in struct tm... no
    checking for tzname... yes
    checking for time.h that defines altzone... yes
    checking whether sys/select.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
    checking whether char is unsigned... no
    checking for working const... yes
    checking for working volatile... yes
    checking for working signed char... yes
    checking for prototypes... yes
    checking for variable length prototypes and stdarg.h... yes
    checking for bad exec* prototypes... no
    checking for bad static forward... no
    checking whether va_list is an array... no
    checking for gethostbyname_r... yes
    checking gethostbyname_r with 6 args... no
    checking gethostbyname_r with 5 args... yes
    checking for __fpu_control... no
    checking for __fpu_control in -lieee... no
    checking for --with-fpectl... no
    checking for --with-libm=STRING... default LIBM="-lm"
    checking for --with-libc=STRING... default LIBC=""
    checking for hypot... yes
    checking what malloc(0) returns... null
    checking for wchar.h... yes
    checking for usable wchar_t... no
    checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
    checking whether right shift extends the sign bit... yes
    checking for getc_unlocked() and friends... yes
    checking for rl_completion_matches in -lreadline... no
    checking for broken nice()... no
    checking for socklen_t... yes
    checking for build directories... done
    updating cache ./config.cache