Solaris Commapi not working

Bhaskar B.

I have a question about the commapi package in Solaris platform. I am
using the the regular libSolarisSerialParallel.so that comes alongwith
the commapi package. I also have the javax.comm.properties file
pointing to solaris driver. But whenevr, I launch the BlackBox
application, it shows the window, however, I see the following
message:

////////////////////
dev/term/a: PORT_OWNED [by this application]
/dev/term/b: PORT_OWNED [by this application]
Warning:
Name: HorScrollBar
Class: XmScrollBar
The specified scrollbar value is greater than the maximum
scrollbar value minus the scrollbar slider size.

Queueing open for /dev/cua/a: port in use by another application, or
cannot
be accessed
Queueing open for /dev/cua/b: port in use by another application, or
cannot
be accessed
/////////////////

I know for sure that there are no other serial port applications on
this machine. I also tried to launch BlackBox as a root user in
solaris, still it's giving me the same error message.

I am trying to run a simple serial port application with client on
Linux and server on solaris. I am trying to use the regular
"SimpleRead" and "SimpleWrite" applications in the sample directory.
But obviously, these applications are not working.

I will appreciate if you can offer any help.

Thanks,
Bhaskar...

Sudsy

Bhaskar B. wrote:
I am trying to run a simple serial port application with client on
Linux and server on solaris. I am trying to use the regular
"SimpleRead" and "SimpleWrite" applications in the sample directory.
But obviously, these applications are not working.

I will appreciate if you can offer any help.

Are you sure that the nodes for the dialers (cux) exist? Try doing
an 'ls -l' on the device directory. It's been a while, but I'm not
convinced that these devices are configured by default. And I don't
have a box at hand to see what the command is...

Well what do you know! It's called admintool. Here's a link which
a search with the terms '+cua +comm +solaris' provided:
<http://java.sun.com/developer/qow/archive/130/>
Search engines are your friends too!