Solution platform explained

kurt sune

Can anyone point to a place/source that details the various differences
between the "Solution Platforms" targets that exists by default in VS.NET
2005?
- .NET
- Any CPU
- Mixed Platforms

The only googling result I got is

ms-help://MS.VSCC.v80/MS.MSDN.v80/MS.VisualStudio.v80.en/dv_cscomp/html/c29­
0ff5e-47f4-4a85-9bb3-9c2525b0be04.htm

and I cannot find that page.

Regards

/k

Nick Malik [Microsoft]

The link you found is to your internal documentation in the Visual Studio
tool itself.

Note that the notion of Solution Platforms is that you (or anyone else) can
write a compiler that is "command line compatible" with csc.exe and you can
create platform entries that allow the environment to call your compiler.
The attached link contains a reasonably complete set of entries that allows
Visual Studio to create for Mono and Linux in addition to the traditional
set.

http://threebit.net/mail-archive/mono-devel-list/msg00092.html

The MSDN blogger who may be the most knowledgable is Jomo Fisher
http://blogs.msdn.com/jomo_fisher/

I hope this helps.
--
--- Nick Malik [Microsoft]
MCSD, CFPS, Certified Scrummaster

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this forum are my own, and not
representative of my employer.
I do not answer questions on behalf of my employer. I'm just a
programmer helping programmers.

kurt sune

The link you found is to your internal documentation in the Visual Studio
tool itself.

and I cant find that page in the visual studio help files
I hope this helps.

sorry, no. I still cant figure out the differneces between ".Net" and "any
CPU" and what mixed platforms is.

/k