Solution to display on a web page each second a new line wanted

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Stefan Mueller, Aug 3, 2008.

  1. Hallo

    I'm looking for a solution to display on a web page each second a new
    line.
    Unfortunately does the following solution not work with the Internet
    Explorer:

    http://test.seekware.ch/test/flush-withtable.php

    PHP code:
    <head>
    <?php
    header("cache-control: no-cache");
    header("pragma: no-cache");
    ?>
    </head>

    <?php
    echo "<table border = '1'>";

    for ($counter = 0; $counter <= 5; $counter++) {

    ob_flush();
    flush();
    sleep(1);
    }

    echo "</table>";
    ?>

    Even if I do it without a table it does not work with the Internet
    Explorer:

    http://test.seekware.ch/test/flush-notable.php

    PHP code:
    <head>
    <?php
    header("cache-control: no-cache");
    header("pragma: no-cache");
    ?>
    </head>

    <?php
    for ($counter = 0; $counter <= 5; $counter++) {
    echo $counter . "<br>";

    ob_flush();
    flush();
    sleep(1);
    }
    ?>

    Does someone know a solution which works also with the Internet
    Explorer?

    Regards
    Stefan

    PS: Both solutions work with Mozilla and Opera.
    Stefan Mueller, Aug 3, 2008