Solved by reading this Group!

Ernst Berg

I am happy to say I solved my compile problem by reading back to
November 17 and another person asked why the math references were a
problem.

The thing to do then is -lm Link a library, a math library.. Duh..

Well that's my speed :)

I'm sure I have more questions.

Ernst

Joona I Palaste

Ernst Berg said:
I am happy to say I solved my compile problem by reading back to
November 17 and another person asked why the math references were a
problem.
The thing to do then is -lm Link a library, a math library.. Duh..

I'm glad that comp.lang.c was able to help! Now if you could only refer
this information to the about 10'000 newbie C programmers who are going
to face the same problem in the next month or so... =)

--
/-- Joona Palaste ([email protected]) ------------- Finland --------\
"And according to Occam's Toothbrush, we only need to optimise the most frequent

max101000010.01000101

Ernst Berg said:
I am happy to say I solved my compile problem by reading back to
November 17 and another person asked why the math references were a
problem.

The thing to do then is -lm Link a library, a math library.. Duh..

Well that's my speed :)

i made the same question quite a long time ago:

http://www.google.com/[email protected]&o
utput=gplain

i was not the first nor was i the last one i guess...

and, anyway, it IS a faq. all right!

HTH

bye

max

Dan Pop

In said:
I am happy to say I solved my compile problem by reading back to
November 17 and another person asked why the math references were a
problem.

The thing to do then is -lm Link a library, a math library.. Duh..

Well that's my speed :)

Well, you'd have saved some time and learned PLENTY of other useful
things, too, if you simply read the FAQ instead.
I'm sure I have more questions.

Don't forget to read the FAQ before posting them.

Dan

Ernst Berg

Bruno Desthuilliers said:
I'm happy to say that reading the answers to your previous post exposing
the problem (and BTW would you be kind enough to not start a new thread
about a previous one ?), or simply, as it happens that your question (in
the previous post in a previous thread) was a FAQ, by first reading the
FAQ before posting your question - the one in the previous post that is
not in the same thread as this one I'm replying to -, you would not have
needed to read back to november 17 when someone else that didn't first
read the FAQ either posted - in another thread - the same question (I
mean the question in your previous post, in a previous unrelated thread).

(er... not sure this is crystal clear, but I s/guess/hope/ you know what
I mean...).

Er... Did I say it was a FAQ ?

#include <stdfaq.h>
if (also_happen_to_be_FAQs(questions)) {
please_RTFF(); /* please... */
else {
you_re_welcome("really"); /* really */
}

Bruno

Yepperz.. Well I ment well.

And about the 10,000 new c programmers asking the same thing.. I'll try to help.

Ernst