    --------------------------------
    From: kanji jain

    -----------------------

    <Id>EQVlC7v+m0CEpC11pkQCqg==</Id>
    kanji jain via .NET 247, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Answers

    Q1: Both. The ASP.NET controls will use server side code when the
    runat="server" attribute is present, as it is on ASP.NET controls.

    However, the ASP.NET controls will also use their built in browser
    capabilities detection and generate client side code when needed as well.

    Q2: Inline code is place in the actual HTML of the page by using <script>
    </script> and <% %> tags. Code behind is in a seperate code page that is
    then linked to the HTML page through the use of the @Page directive found at
    the top of your ASP.NET page. In other words, the code is not intermingled
    with HTML.

    Q3: I'm not aware of any .NET runtime for Apache right off. IIS uses a DLL
    file to process ASP.NET. Apache would need a similar helper.

    --
    Gerry O'Brien
    Visual Developer .NET MVP

    Gerry O'Brien [MVP], Apr 17, 2004