    software.

    Thanks for any help.
    Kenneth

    Kenneth Keeley, Aug 15, 2004

  2. Kenneth Keeley

    dlbjr Guest

    dlbjr, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Kenneth Keeley

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    > Is Gecko just nother work for piece of crap software.
    No IE has managed to garner that honor with their failure to bring anything
    new, and secure, to the table for over 3 years now.

    PS - How did you mange to hit "k" instead of "d" on your keyboard?

    Bob Lehmann

    "Kenneth Keeley" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have been having problems with Gecko based browsers not redirecting
    > properly.
    >
    > This is the line of code that does the redirecting:
    > Response.Redirect ("Validation.asp?BookingNo=1234567")
    >
    > The Gecko based browsers change this URL to read "Validation
    > BookingNo=1234567" and of course they get a 404 Error as a result. The

    above

    Bob Lehmann, Aug 16, 2004
  4. > > Is Gecko just nother work for piece of crap software.
    > No IE has managed to garner that honor with their failure to bring

    anything
    > new, and secure, to the table for over 3 years now.

    Of course they havn't. Every time they do try to do anything, some asshole
    jumps up and down because Bill though of it first. No body complains when
    Ford brings out a new car that has total different parts to any other car on
    the road. But hay, somebody rich brings out a new design of his own software
    and all he gets is trouble.

    > PS - How did you mange to hit "k" instead of "d" on your keyboard?

    This was done by mistake.

    Kenneth Keeley, Aug 16, 2004
  5. Kenneth Keeley

    Evertjan. Guest

    dlbjr wrote on 16 aug 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > Try the full URL
    >
    > Response.Redirect
    > (http://server/directory/Validation.asp?BookingNo=1234567)

    Quoting necessary !

    Response.Redirect("http://../Validation.asp?BookingNo=1234567")

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Aug 16, 2004
  6. > No IE has managed to garner that honor with their failure to bring
    anything
    > new, and secure, to the table for over 3 years now.

    XP SP2 makes IE6 pretty secure, in my limited experience so far (I only run
    XP at home).

    What "new" features are you expecting?

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 16, 2004
  7. Aaron [SQL Server MVP] wrote:

    > What "new" features are you expecting?

    For starters:
    http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/alternatives.html

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Aug 16, 2004
  8. > > What "new" features are you expecting?

    > For starters:
    > http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/alternatives.html

    OK, so has anyone explicitly asked for this functionality? I wasn't even
    aware of it until you pointed it out...

    AFAIC, they're not really failing unless they are ignoring or turning down
    things that people are actually asking for. I don't think anybody's
    complaining that I haven't added forums or a SQL blog to my web site, for
    example, or that MySQL hasn't added stored procedure support... ;-)

    In other words, just because something is out there, doesn't mean it's on
    the dev team's radar -- unless you have put it there.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 16, 2004
  9. Kenneth Keeley

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    Same as a lot of people...

    Bob

    Bob Lehmann, Aug 16, 2004
  10. Aaron [SQL Server MVP] wrote:
    >>> What "new" features are you expecting?

    >> For starters:
    >> http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/alternatives.html

    > OK, so has anyone explicitly asked for this functionality?
    > I wasn't even aware of it until you pointed it out...

    Absolutely. Alternate stylesheets aren't just eye candy. They are useful
    accessibility tools, among other things. And it has been in the HTML 4.01
    recommendation since 1999, so you would think MS might have bothered trying
    to accommodate it.
    http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/styles.html#h-14.3.1

    > AFAIC, they're not really failing unless they are ignoring or
    > turning down things that people are actually asking for.

    OK, then how about attribute selectors in CSS?
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/selector.html#attribute-selectors

    > ...just because something is out there, doesn't mean it's on
    > the dev team's radar -- unless you have put it there.

    I don't really think of W3C recommendations as just things that happen to be
    out there. I, for one, can still remember writing for the wildly divergent
    NN4/IE4 "standards", and appreciate that I can achieve greater and greater
    consistency across browsers and platforms today. Internet Explorer stands
    out among browsers for its resistance to meeting W3C recommendations. That's
    sad.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Aug 17, 2004
  11. Hi,
    Sorry it to so long to reply but I have to report that the suggested
    option did not resolve the problem. the browser that was identified in the
    log file appears to be Netscape 7.2

    Has any body else got an idea of what is wrong.

    Kenneth

    Kenneth Keeley, Aug 27, 2004