some" folks are unable to post any file till "some" are able

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by ginette, Jun 4, 2004.

  1. ginette

    ginette Guest

    I really need help with a strange problem.

    i have a page having ONLY this cleaned and washed HTML code, no client
    scripting at all and "some" folks are unable to post any file till
    "some" are able. All using IE6 (SP1 or not)

    Leaving the <input type="file"> unassigned is ok for everyone but when
    you select a file, even a SMALL SMALL SMALL 10 bytes almost empty txt
    file, the form fails to be submitted.

    I've installed a packet sniffer software on the server and looked
    carefully at the packets reaching the server on this specific port
    (not 80).

    It appears that, for some reasons i realy dont know of, the client
    response to the "HTTP/1.1 100 Continue" never reach the server. Client
    seems to time-out waiting for an ACK, server seem to time-out waiting
    for the data.

    There is a NAT/Router (SMC) involved and an ADSL modem using PPPoE.
    IIS is running on a Win2000 SP4, no script blocking (NAV).

    Here is the WHOLE (HTML 4.01 transit) code of the non working page.

    - - - - - 8< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    <HTML>
    <BODY>
    <FORM ACTION="Document_Save2.asp" METHOD="post"
    ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data">
    <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="NAME"><BR>
    <INPUT TYPE="FILE" NAME="Binary"><BR>
    <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Send">
    </FORM>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    the pages called by this one is simply <BODY>SAVED</BODY>

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Please reply to both this message and my not so private email address.
    You'll find an account called "doltharz" on hotmail's servers.
    ginette, Jun 4, 2004