Some free utilities for Java, with Hebrew support.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Roedy said:
The other big advantage is HTTP can tunnel through firewalls. Pretty
well anything else you cook up, unless it masquerades as HTTP, will
require special openings created in the firewalls, meaning support
hassles.

True.

But that is a bit besides the point in this thread.

Arne

Project_ADM

why to use so much mind for database selection, just go for JAVADB
Apache Derby, it's good enough
thans and bye

nebulous99

Yes.

GPL is a potential problem.

Apache/BSD and usually also LGPL is not a problem.

That's what you're saying now, but that's not what you originally
said.

BTW, I thought this thread had been put out. Why, arnehole, why did
you decide to get out the gas can and matches and light it back up
after all this time? You miserable, worthless turd.

[snip]

nebulous99

If the logic is to difficult for you, then I can try an explain it
more carefully [remainder of insults snipped]

Correct spelling, grammar, AND logic are obviously way above your pay
grade. You should quit playing the wannabe at these things and just
shut the hell up.
There are a lot of point in using the HTTP protocol because
web servers and browsers support it.
See?

There are a lot of point in using the MySQL protocol, because
MySQL server and client apps support it.
See?

There are no point in a modified HTTP protocol and there are no
point in a modified MySQL protocol, because it will not be able
to talk to anybody.

See? Not only is your grammar as atrocious as usual, but you can't
even come up with a cogent argument. The one you just proffered, if it
were valid, would mean that there was no point in ever again creating
any new protocols for use over TCP/IP. If your argument had been
widely believed a bit more than a decade ago we wouldn't even *have*
HTTP -- "There are [sic] no point in an HTTP protocol because Gopher
is widely supported and ought to be enough for anybody". Of course
we've heard shit like that before. That there's a worldwide market for
maybe five computers; that 640K ought to be enough for anybody; that
the telephone was an "electronic toy" of no practical value; "Who the
hell wants to hear actors talk?" ... the list goes on. Fortunately the
last time someone like you reared his ugly head Tim Berners-Lee paid
him no heed and went ahead with his pet project at CERN.

Other protocols we might not have if attitudes like yours had
prevailed not too far in the past include SSH, SFTP, and several other
secured versions of/functional replacements for pre-existing
protocols.

Wildemar Wildenburger

If the logic is to difficult for you, then I can try an explain it
more carefully [remainder of insults snipped]

Correct spelling, grammar, AND logic are obviously way above your pay
grade. You should quit playing the wannabe at these things and just
shut the hell up.
How many foreign languages do you speak, Paul?

/W

Lew

Wildemar said:
NO!

I explained it in some other post. GIYF

Here's the first hit that wasn't just an incidental occurrence of the very,
very, very, very common word "doing", and the second occurrence overall:
<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/doing>

Is that what you meant?

Or perhaps you do mean some use of the present participle of the verb "to do".
Is that it?

Or am I supposed to do a search on your name and read through every post
you've ever written until I find your "some other post" with an explanation?

Or should I just not give a rat's ass?

Wildemar Wildenburger

Lew said:
Here's the first hit that wasn't just an incidental occurrence of the
very, very, very, very common word "doing", and the second occurrence
overall:
<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/doing>

Is that what you meant?
Nope.
<URL:http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.programmer/search?q="DOING"+wildemar&start=10&sa=N&>

There are currently 26 hits for that, 4th hit on the 2nd page.
<URL:http://groups.google.com/group/comp...c?lnk=gst&q="DOING"+wildemar#6195358e62b6f60c>

Admittedly, it would be easier of google allowed case sensitive search
(maybe it does, I just don't know how it works)

Or perhaps you do mean some use of the present participle of the verb
"to do". Is that it?
Sort of. But that's not the point.

Or am I supposed to do a search on your name and read through every post
you've ever written until I find your "some other post" with an
explanation?
No, I don't suppose you to do that.

Or should I just not give a rat's ass?
Me only doing this on Twisted's posts should give you a hint. It's just
pestering for my own satisfaction.

/W
(OK, sorry for polluting yet another thread. I should probably restrict
myself.)

Wildemar Wildenburger

Lew said:
[...]

Lars Enderin

Wildemar Wildenburger skrev:
If the logic is to difficult for you, then I can try an explain it
more carefully [remainder of insults snipped]

Correct spelling, grammar, AND logic are obviously way above your pay
grade. You should quit playing the wannabe at these things and just
shut the hell up.
How many foreign languages do you speak, Paul?

Arne seems to have a problem with using the right form (plural or
singular) of verbs. That is fairly common with Scandinavians, since we
don't have that distinction in our languages any longer.
Germans have other problems...

Lew

Ah, gotcha.

Thanks for the update. I had completely forgotten about that.

I guess this flame war has gone on too long.
Or should I just not give a rat's ass?

Sometimes I amaze myself with this sort of accidental wisdom.

Wildemar Wildenburger

Arne said:
Wildemar said:
Lars said:
Germans have [insult deleted]

None of the nasty things you imply about Germans are even remotely true!

I hope that is was a mistake that :) was missing ...

Arne
I don't make mistakes! Ever!

I delibarately left out the emoticon, because everyone in the civilized
world should recognize parody when confronted with it. It is not my
fault that you have no grasp of the widespread conventions of comedy.

/W

bbound

How many foreign languages do you speak, Paul?

Who are you talking to? There is no "Paul" participating in this
thread that I'm aware of. I also don't see any relevance to foreign
languages here; this part of the thread, at least, seems to be written
solely in English.

Given that you're talking about a subject that hasn't come up in this
thread, to a person that isn't participating in this thread, I must
suspect that perhaps you posted this to the wrong thread?

bbound

On Nov 5, 9:13 pm, Wildemar Wildenburger
[cryptic response deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.