Some free utilities for Java, with Hebrew support.

Wildemar Wildenburger

Who are you talking to? There is no "Paul" participating in this
thread that I'm aware of. I also don't see any relevance to foreign
languages here; this part of the thread, at least, seems to be written
solely in English.

Given that you're talking about a subject that hasn't come up in this
thread, to a person that isn't participating in this thread, I must
suspect that perhaps you posted this to the wrong thread?
Thanks for snipping the context.

You attacked Arne, a non-native English speaker, because he makes
spelling and grammar mistakes.

I find this very insulting (to him) and a sign of disrespect. Such
behavior I find more common in someone who do not speak a foreign
language, because learning another language gives you some appreciation
and respect for the people who manage that task.

I therefore asked you how many languages you spoke, to have my theory
confirmed or rejected. I would still like to know.

As to calling you Paul ...
Childish reply: If you didn't feel addressed, why did you reply, huh?
Serious reply: It was a device to tease you, don't think too much of it.
I'm not convinced that you are Paul Whoever, and I don't care. We will
quite possibly never meet, so it doesn't matter. I however did not snip
any context so it was obvious that I'm in the thread I'd wanted to post
to. You're handling of this therefore qualifies for "smartassery".

I wonder if you will be able to reply without snipping and snapping, and
actually give to-the-point replies. I hope you do.

/W

Wildemar Wildenburger

On Nov 5, 9:13 pm, Wildemar Wildenburger
[cryptic response deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
There is no implication. I have clearly defined what this DOING campaign
is all about.

/W

nebulous99

Thanks for snipping the context.

You're most welcome.
You attacked Arne, a non-native English speaker, because he makes
spelling and grammar mistakes.

No, I attacked Arne, whose native-ness is unknown to me, because he is
an asshole that had just attacked me.
I find this very insulting (to him) and a sign of disrespect.

I find every single thing he posts to this newsgroup very insulting
(to me) and a sign of disrespect. What goes around comes around.
I therefore asked you how many languages you spoke, to have my theory
confirmed or rejected. I would still like to know.

And since it's really none of your beeswax ... I'd recommend you not
hold your breath.
I'm not convinced that you are Paul Whoever, and I don't care.

Well, someone found a link to his obituary and posted it elsewhere
recently, so hopefully that particular issue has now been laid to
rest. (And I no longer need to feel concerned about the way that the
poor sap is being abused gratuitously around here, since he's
obviously past caring.)
You're [sic] handling of this therefore qualifies for "smartassery".

That's to be expected when I reply to a flame unworthy of a more
respectful type of response.
I wonder if you will be able to reply without snipping and snapping

Not to someone whose purpose is hostile. Or rather, I would be able
to; I just would not choose to.

nebulous99

On Nov 9, 4:53 pm, Wildemar Wildenburger
[snip off-topic post]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

Lars Enderin

(e-mail address removed) skrev:
You're most welcome.

You're not very good at detecting irony...
Well, someone found a link to his obituary and posted it elsewhere
recently, so hopefully that particular issue has now been laid to
rest. (And I no longer need to feel concerned about the way that the
poor sap is being abused gratuitously around here, since he's
obviously past caring.)

Of course, that went over your head. If you had checked the link you
would have found that this Paul Derbyshire was an English painter and
teacher, born 1936.

Wildemar Wildenburger

No, I attacked Arne, whose native-ness is unknown to me, because he is
an asshole that had just attacked me.

I find every single thing he posts to this newsgroup very insulting
(to me) and a sign of disrespect. What goes around comes around.
That of course is child-logic. And gosh, how well it works!

And since it's really none of your beeswax ... I'd recommend you not
hold your breath.
OK. So the answer is "One". Thanks for clearing that matter.

Well, someone found a link to his obituary and posted it elsewhere
recently, so hopefully that particular issue has now been laid to
rest. (And I no longer need to feel concerned about the way that the
poor sap is being abused gratuitously around here, since he's
obviously past caring.)
Oh yes. Now that the only Paul Derbyshire in the world is dead, it is
logically proven, that ...

This is getting silly.

You're [sic] handling of this therefore qualifies for "smartassery".

That's to be expected when I reply to a flame unworthy of a more
respectful type of response.
No, that's to be expected when you reply. Period.

/W

Wildemar Wildenburger

Lars said:
(e-mail address removed) skrev:

You're not very good at detecting irony...

Well, I think he is. But he is even better at ignoring it completely.
This is a very common, and even pretty useful trick to counter irony,
sarcasm and the like. Then again, it's eventual effectivness depends on
how cleverly you use that device.

/W

Wildemar Wildenburger

On Nov 9, 4:53 pm, Wildemar Wildenburger
[snip off-topic post]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
What makes you think that this particular post was more off-topic than
any other in this thread?

/W

Sherman Pendley

On Nov 9, 4:51 pm, Wildemar Wildenburger

And since it's really none of your beeswax ... I'd recommend you not
hold your breath.

English-only, eh? No need to be so defensive about it, it's really nothing
to be ashamed of.
Well, someone found a link to his obituary and posted it elsewhere
recently, so hopefully that particular issue has now been laid to
rest.

Different fellow.

That Paul Derbyshire was quite old, not from Canada, and one of many people
of the same name to be found using Google. The Paul Derbyshire we're talking
about here is younger, Canadian, attended Carleton, and trolls usenet using
various pseudonyms (such as Neodynium, Twisted, TwistedOne, Nebulous, etc.)
in a futile attempt to hide his boorish behavior from potential employers.

sherm--

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

That's what you're saying now, but that's not what you originally
said.

What I originally said was:

September 15th I wrote:

#Some pay. Other uses another open source database with a
#non GPL license.

So that claims of your is simply false.

Arne

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

There are a lot of point in using the HTTP protocol because
web servers and browsers support it.
See?

There are a lot of point in using the MySQL protocol, because
MySQL server and client apps support it.
See?

There are no point in a modified HTTP protocol and there are no
point in a modified MySQL protocol, because it will not be able
to talk to anybody.

See? Not only is your grammar as atrocious as usual, but you can't
even come up with a cogent argument. The one you just proffered, if it
were valid, would mean that there was no point in ever again creating
any new protocols for use over TCP/IP. If your argument had been
widely believed a bit more than a decade ago we wouldn't even *have*
HTTP -- "There are [sic] no point in an HTTP protocol because Gopher
is widely supported and ought to be enough for anybody".
Other protocols we might not have if attitudes like yours had
prevailed not too far in the past include SSH, SFTP, and several other
secured versions of/functional replacements for pre-existing
protocols.

Besides that you apparently are ignorant of the fact that Gopher
and HTTP were invented with just a few months interval, then you
are also missing the big picture: it is very likely be new and improved
database wire protocols in the future, but that does still not make
much sense to create a modified MySQL protocol for anyone else than
MySQL.

Arne

nebulous99

[insults and assorted nonsense deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

nebulous99

OK. So the answer is "One". Thanks for clearing that matter.

I didn't. You are guessing, but you have no confirmation (or
refutation) at this time.

[remainder of insulting and pointless post deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

nebulous99

English-only, eh?

I didn't say that.

[snip a bunch of lies and bullshit]

a) I am not that man.
b) None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are
at all true.

nebulous99

[insult deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

nebulous99

[calls me a liar and is generally insulting]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

nebulous99

[assorted insults and bullshit deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

Wildemar Wildenburger

I didn't say that.

But you implied it. And by that you damaged your reputation much more
than by simply admitting it openly (or staying quiet about it).

/W