some good JS sites?

Dennis M

Can someone recommend two or three good JS websites? Several years ago I
got a lot of good scripts from "easyjavascript.com" ran by a Doug Popeney,
but now apparently someone else has bought that domain and turned it into a
link farm to make money from Googe Adsense (without any of the original
content). Thanks.

Jeremy J Starcher

Can someone recommend two or three good JS websites? Several years ago I
got a lot of good scripts from "easyjavascript.com" ran by a Doug
Popeney, but now apparently someone else has bought that domain and
turned it into a link farm to make money from Googe Adsense (without any
of the original content). Thanks.

As you look at sites, you might want to read my guide:

It presents several "rules of thumb" you can use until you are familiar
enough to recognize good or bad code on your own.

Michael Wojcik

Jeremy said:
As you look at sites, you might want to read my guide:

That's a useful page, but I have a couple of critiques:

- I found the background colors for your examples hard to distinguish
(I have limited color vision, and the hues you're using seem to vary
quite a bit with angle on my laptop's LCD screen). The examples are
all labeled as well, of course, so the color is just a convenience;
but you might want to tweak them a bit, or use different border styles.

- In a couple of places you have "depreciated" where I believe you
intend "deprecated". (That's a common typo, and you do have
"deprecated" in other places.)

Jeremy J Starcher

That's a useful page, but I have a couple of critiques:

- I found the background colors for your examples hard to distinguish (I
have limited color vision, and the hues you're using seem to vary quite
a bit with angle on my laptop's LCD screen). The examples are all
labeled as well, of course, so the color is just a convenience; but you
might want to tweak them a bit, or use different border styles.

Ah... Yes. I'll add that to my list of changes to make next time
I edit that page. I think border styles will be the best way to go.
- In a couple of places you have "depreciated" where I believe you
intend "deprecated". (That's a common typo, and you do have "deprecated"
in other places.)

That has been a constant ongoing issue for me. Thought I finally had all
those weeded out only to introduce more next time through. Grrr....