Some language not implemented in C?

Antoninus Twink

Dik said:
See also the following header lines:

[etc]

Yeah, but he/she/it could discontinue those at any moment after having
gotten us accustomed to them.

Do you think that's likely, though? I see no reason to doubt the
forger's good faith. He seems to realize that it's not possible to make
an undetectable forgery, and he's stated openly that it's not his
intention to try because that's not what his work here is about.

As far as I can tell, the forger's only purpose is to show Heathfield
and Thompson that their actions have consequences, and if they make
enough provocative posts then eventually people will be provoked.

In all candor, there's so much noise on this group from the HTTU and
those of us who feel compelled to rebut their nonsense, that a few fake
posts here and there hardly register.

Richard Bos

Mark McIntyre said:
Its true then - Americans have no sense of irony.

Neither, apparently, do Limeys any more. Or did you not read the rest of
that paragraph?

Richard

Richard Bos

Mark McIntyre said:
Hoy! I'm Scots, not some steenkin sassy.

There are Scots in the Royal Navy, too, aren't there? Or do you only
supply the second most scary regiment for the realm's land army?

Richard

Richard Bos

Mark McIntyre said:
Someone has to keep the engines running... Jim.

Then surely "Limey" can refer to Scot as well as Sais?
We supply /all/ the scary regiments. :)

Not quite all of them... Joanna Lumley was born in Jammu & Kashmir.

Richard