Some Nice Memory Profiler for C++

Abhi

Hi,

The Memory Profilers available for Java are kind of awesome, be it
JProfiler or JVisualVM. These profilers even show you the number of
instance of each type of Object allocated in the Heap. I feel C++
lacks similar kind of tools. I tried using Valgrind, Purify, but I did
not find them good enough. Could you please suggest me some good
profilers for C++ (on Linux), I am basically interested in finding how
many and what kind of variables are there in the heap.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Daniel

Hi,

The Memory Profilers available for Java are kind of awesome, be it
JProfiler or JVisualVM. These profilers even show you the number of
instance of each type of Object allocated in the Heap. I feel C++
lacks similar kind of tools. I tried using Valgrind, Purify, but I did
not find them good enough. Could you please suggest me some good
profilers for C++ (on Linux), I am basically interested in finding how
many and what kind of variables are there in the heap.

If you have a Mac around "Instruments" (part of the Apple developer
tools) does a very nice job tracking allocations and frees and
relating them to lines in the source code where they were allocated.
It also does CPU profiling and all sorts of other resource tracking.
--Daniel