Some Programing Required

Murray J

I am not sure if this is the proper group for this, however, I am sure
someone will redirect me if necessary.

I have an HTML page which is an image map with a 4 X 4 grid of 'hot
spots', linking to other HTML pages, each of which contains a large
(3200px X 2560px) image. I would like to capture the co-ordinates of
the mouse at the instant when it is clicked on the first image,
apply some mathematics based on which 'hot spot' was clicked, and come
up with a new set of co-ordinates. When the destination page is
opened, I would like the viewport to be at those new co-ordinates on
the 3200px X 2560px image on the page.

I suspect this will require some programing in languages I know
nothing about, and haven't the time to learn at the moment.

If anyone is interested in this project for the challenge and/or cash,
please give me a shout at (e-mail address removed) .

Thanks,
Murray

Andrew Thompson

I am not sure if this is the proper group for this, however, I am sure
someone will redirect me if necessary.

Best group for this app. would be comp.lang.javascript.
Note that Java is a diferent language to JS, and this
would best be done in JS.

HTH

Robert kebernet Cooper

If you use server-side image mapping to handle the request, all you
need is the <input type="image" name="foo" /> set, then when you get
the value on the other side you can get the pixel location clicked on
via request.getParameter("foo_x") and request.getParameter("foo_y"),
then redirect to the appropriate image.

If you are going to do it with a client side #map then you need to do
that with JavaScript. I honestly have no idea how to get that
information with JS though.