some questions on how to study the bittorent.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Moore Liu, Jul 8, 2006.

  1. Moore Liu

    Moore Liu Guest

    Hi all,

    I am very interesting in the detailed implement of bittorrent and have
    read some p2p protocol document, but I want to know more of the
    technique implementation. It's time-consuming to reverse-engineering
    the code to understand the design intention of it. So my question is:

    Is there any well written "Design document" we can find, which descibe
    the detail technical in the code. For example: the seed format, the
    algorithm of how to divide the files into blocks, how to schdule
    threads, how to decide which part of the file should be receive first,
    the credit system(something like that in the eMule), and so on...

    Could you pls tell me the methology to study the code or show me some
    link to these document or some specific forum to delve in?

    Thanks,
    Moore

    Moore Liu, Jul 8, 2006

  2. In <>, Moore Liu
    wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am very interesting in the detailed implement of bittorrent and have
    > read some p2p protocol document, but I want to know more of the
    > technique implementation. It's time-consuming to reverse-engineering
    > the code to understand the design intention of it. So my question is:
    >
    > Is there any well written "Design document" we can find, which descibe
    > the detail technical in the code. For example: the seed format, the
    > algorithm of how to divide the files into blocks, how to schdule
    > threads, how to decide which part of the file should be receive first,
    > the credit system(something like that in the eMule), and so on...

    You can start with the `protocol description`_ on the BitTorrent website
    and the `BitTorrent Economics Paper`_.

    ... _protocol description: http://www.bittorrent.org/protocol.html
    ... _BitTorrent Economics Paper:
    http://www.bittorrent.com/bittorrentecon.pdf