    glad. Can't hardly find any.

    Thanks in advance.

    Andreas

    Andreas Bauer, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Andreas Bauer wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I need some information on how to deal with strings which I have
    > divided by using split(). I'm new to python and don't know how to
    > handle these split up strings.
    > And I some one could recommend a good tutorial I would be very
    > glad. Can't hardly find any.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Andreas

    Could anybody tell me how to hide a varibale e.g. in a url
    Example

    for i in (0,5):
    u = urllib.urlopen("http://www.versionxzy.com/page - here the variable e.g
    page1,page2,page3...
    -.html

    thanks
    Andi

    Andreas Bauer, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Andreas Bauer

    Matt Gerrans Guest

    "Andreas Bauer" wrote:
    > I need some information on how to deal with strings which I have
    > divided by using split(). I'm new to python and don't know how to
    > handle these split up strings.

    Hmm, doesn't that kind of depend on what you want to do with them?

    > And I some one could recommend a good tutorial I would be very
    > glad.

    Where have you already looked? Have you tried "Python tutorial" on google?
    Have you tried Python.org? Python itself comes with a tutorial (maybe you
    are unaware of this, or maybe you want another?).

    > Can't hardly find any.

    Was ist das? Can't or can? Or do you really mean "Can't hardly find
    nothin'?" ;-)

    Matt Gerrans, Jul 14, 2003

  4. >> Have you tried Python.org? Python itself comes with a tutorial
    >> (maybe you are unaware of this, or maybe you want another?).

    Andreas> I know there is one. But I don't like it. Don't know what kind
    Andreas> of tutorial I'm looking for. Just some hints would be enough.

    Hint: http://www.python.org/doc/Newbies.html

    Skip

    Skip Montanaro, Jul 14, 2003
  5. Andreas Bauer wrote:

    > Could anybody tell me how to hide a varibale e.g. in a url
    > Example
    >
    > for i in (0,5):
    > u = urllib.urlopen("http://www.versionxzy.com/page
    > - here the variable e.g page1,page2,page3.html

    here's one way to do it:

    for i in range(1, 5):
    u = urllib.urlopen("http://www.versionxzy.com/page%d.html" % i)

    more here:

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/node9.html
    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/typesseq-strings.html

    (reading the entire tutorial won't hurt, of course)

    </F>

    <!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the python standard library (redux):
    http://effbot.org/zone/librarybook-index.htm
    -->

    Fredrik Lundh, Jul 14, 2003