some questions

Andreas Bauer

Hi,

I need some information on how to deal with strings which I have
divided by using split(). I'm new to python and don't know how to
handle these split up strings.
And I some one could recommend a good tutorial I would be very
glad. Can't hardly find any.

Thanks in advance.

Andreas

Andreas Bauer

Andreas said:
Hi,

I need some information on how to deal with strings which I have
divided by using split(). I'm new to python and don't know how to
handle these split up strings.
And I some one could recommend a good tutorial I would be very
glad. Can't hardly find any.

Thanks in advance.

Andreas

Could anybody tell me how to hide a varibale e.g. in a url
Example

for i in (0,5):
u = urllib.urlopen("http://www.versionxzy.com/page - here the variable e.g
page1,page2,page3...
-.html

thanks
Andi

Matt Gerrans

Andreas Bauer said:
I need some information on how to deal with strings which I have
divided by using split(). I'm new to python and don't know how to
handle these split up strings.

Hmm, doesn't that kind of depend on what you want to do with them?
And I some one could recommend a good tutorial I would be very
glad.

Where have you already looked? Have you tried "Python tutorial" on google?
Have you tried Python.org? Python itself comes with a tutorial (maybe you
are unaware of this, or maybe you want another?).
Can't hardly find any.

Was ist das? Can't or can? Or do you really mean "Can't hardly find
nothin'?" ;-)

Fredrik Lundh

Andreas said:
Could anybody tell me how to hide a varibale e.g. in a url
Example

for i in (0,5):
u = urllib.urlopen("http://www.versionxzy.com/page
- here the variable e.g page1,page2,page3.html

here's one way to do it:

for i in range(1, 5):
u = urllib.urlopen("http://www.versionxzy.com/page%d.html" % i)

more here:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/node9.html
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/typesseq-strings.html

(reading the entire tutorial won't hurt, of course)

</F>

<!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the python standard library (redux):
http://effbot.org/zone/librarybook-index.htm
-->