Some users cannot fill out the user account.

Grant

I have some users cannot fill out the user account information. First page
ask them for a code then the second page ask for the user information. When
they click on continue in user information page, it takes them back to the
default page. I have a if statement "if session(user_name") = "" then
response.redirect ("default.aspx") . Why is the session variables not
holding or not being populated? I changed the session state to "stateserver"
but it is not helping. This does not work for ten out of 600 users.

Any idea what is going on?

S. Justin Gengo

Grant,

Sessions depend on cookies. Do these users have cookies disabled?

You can switch sessions to run in cookieless mode (which uses the query
string instead). It may fix your problem.

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

Grant

I assume you mean setting the cookieless to true in web.config. If so, I had
problem with that because the images were not loading anymore and the
website did not honor the CSS file because the url shows localhost/pay/(some
garbage here)/default.aspx.

Why and how can I correct that?

How is the information stored it cookie is set to true?

Grant

Here is the scope.

I have set the cookieless to true. In order for the CSS and the image to
work correctly, I had to add aspnet_filter.dll to the ISAPI Filters tab.

I will let you know if the user continues to have problem or not.