    Anyone?

    Thanks,

    Steve

    Steve, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Steve wrote:
    > Is it possible to take make a form that adds the figures together before
    > performing a mailto:????

    Stop using that hack and use a real script to process your form. A form
    with action="mailto:" won't work for a lot of people,
    won't be as customizable, and will just plain suck.

    Leif K-Brooks, Feb 12, 2004

  3. Steve wrote:

    > Is it possible to take make a form that adds the figures together before
    > performing a mailto:????

    Form? Mailto? Bad idea: http://www.isolani.co.uk/newbie/mailto.html

    Now you have a server side script processing your data
    <http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/>, you can do whatever calculations
    you want in that script.

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

    David Dorward, Feb 12, 2004
  4. Steve

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <6uOWb.1537$>,
    says...
    > Steve wrote:
    > > Is it possible to take make a form that adds the figures together before
    > > performing a mailto:????

    > Stop using that hack and use a real script to process your form. A form
    > with action="mailto:" won't work for a lot of people,
    > won't be as customizable, and will just plain suck.

    Correct, but is better than nothing if you don't have server side
    processing.....

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Feb 12, 2004
  5. Whitecrest wrote:
    > In article <6uOWb.1537$>,
    > says...
    >>Stop using that hack and use a real script to process your form. A form
    >>with action="mailto:" won't work for a lot of people,
    >>won't be as customizable, and will just plain suck.

    > Correct, but is better than nothing if you don't have server side
    > processing.....

    I would have no car than have a big pile of unfixable trash in my garage.

    Leif K-Brooks, Feb 13, 2004
  6. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Thanks Guys - I just went and learned some simple PHP and after 2 tortous
    hours it worked!!

    The advice was harsh but good!

    Steve

    Steve, Feb 13, 2004
  7. In article <IBVWb.1749$>,
    Leif K-Brooks <> wrote:

    > Whitecrest wrote:
    > > In article <6uOWb.1537$>,
    > > says...
    > >>Stop using that hack and use a real script to process your form. A form
    > >>with action="mailto:" won't work for a lot of people,
    > >>won't be as customizable, and will just plain suck.

    > > Correct, but is better than nothing if you don't have server side
    > > processing.....

    > I would have no car than have a big pile of unfixable trash in my garage.

    Isn't that what garages are *for*?

    --
    | Andrew Glasgow <amg39(at)cornell.edu> |
    | "This site was constructed with FrontPage. We regret any inconvenience and |

    Andrew Glasgow, Feb 14, 2004