    absolutely no one has a solution to (or that can point me to anyway). I'd
    certainly appreciate any help at all.

    Thanks a lot.
    Jay, Oct 10, 2005

  2. Here you go...

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...html/reference/properties/pagebreakbefore.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...dhtml/reference/properties/pagebreakafter.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/thead.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/tfoot.asp

    Let us know if you are not able to put this together.

    HTH

    Trevor Benedict R
    MCSD

    Trevor Benedict R, Oct 11, 2005

  3. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Thank you very much. I just can't seem to use these tags, etc. within a
    datagrid. Would you please happen to have an example of this functionality
    within an asp.net datagrid?

    Thanks a lot.

    Jay, Oct 11, 2005
  4. Jay

    Jay Guest

    For that matter. I can always adjust my application top use a repeater or
    datalist, etc. as long as I can prevent the last row from being cut and
    have the header on every printed page.

    Jay, Oct 11, 2005
  5. Jay

    Jay Guest

    I a also certainly open to using .net 2.0 if my tasks would be easier.

    Jay, Oct 11, 2005
  6. Jay

    Frankie Guest

    Well, if you're willing to go to alternative controls or even 2.0, then
    perhaps you'd consider a full-blown report writer. That works along with
    your grid. I can't tell you if it will meet all of your needs, but it's
    certainly another way to print info from your Web app.
    http://www.datadynamics.com/ has ActiveReports. You might want to check out
    it's Professional Edition features. Exports to PDF or HTML.

    -HTH

    Frankie, Oct 11, 2005
  7. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Thanks. I should also mention that the number of rows and the height of
    those rows varies...

    Jay, Oct 11, 2005
  8. Jay

    Hal Guest

    You are going to need to make a printable version of your page. Use the
    tag links send by the guy at MSFT and CSS to provide formatting.

    The datagrid is an atomic control, and has no concept of "pages" beyond
    it's own. Despite your best efforts I think it would be neigh
    impossible to get it to behave in the fashion that you would like.

    Use multiple datagrids, with a limit of records on each page. On each
    "page" bind a datagrid with the proper number of rows, add a br tag
    with a page break style added to it at the end. Your HTML page will
    look like one long page, but print preview will tell a different story.
    Hal, Oct 11, 2005