Someone help please

Doug Raflik

I redid my homepage, and for the first time I used frames. Nothing
fancy, just a menu on the left and a picture and some text on the right.
It looks great in Netscape, but when I open it with IE the left frame
is not centered, and the right one just plain doesn't show up. What do I
need to do???????

http://www.wxnut.net/

Thank you.

Doug Raflik

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Doug Raflik:
I redid my homepage, and for the first time I used frames. Nothing
fancy, just a menu on the left and a picture and some text on the right.
It looks great in Netscape, but when I open it with IE the left frame
is not centered, and the right one just plain doesn't show up. What do I
need to do???????

http://www.wxnut.net/

What, the whole purpose of the frames is so we can look at your
studious face in the right frame all the time, whilst clicking on the
photo links in the left frame opens a new window?

Very bad design.

Steve R.

Spartanicus wrote in message
Loose the frames.

(1) Learn how to spell 'lose',

(2) His website is one which works ok with frames, although the layout *could* be greatly improved
and his spelling also checked, as in ... "Thank you for your **intrest** in my photography" :~(

Doug Raflik

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

What, the whole purpose of the frames is so we can look at your studious
face in the right frame all the time, whilst clicking on the photo links
in the left frame opens a new window?

Very bad design.

How should I do it? If the link opens up in that frame, the pictures
they are linking to are way to big to fit into that frame.

Doug

Nico Schuyt

Doug said:
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

How should I do it? If the link opens up in that frame, the pictures
they are linking to are way to big to fit into that frame.

Thumbnails vertically on the left, enlarged picture on the right.
BTW, try to reduce the size of the pictures. Example
Original: http://www.wxnut.net/sq5.jpg 660kb
With a little compression: http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/sq5a.jpg 120kb
(Ehh I added some other effects :)
Regards, Nico

Clark Simmons

Why?

--
Regards, Clark in Round Rock Texas USA

http://xld.com
ISP Services, Recipes, Best Sellers, History, Humor, Current Issues, and Lots of
Free Stuff.

Hywel Jenkins

So that your post remains in context. Also, when I hit "reply" to your
message, everything but "Why?" was cut out because of your sig.
separator. To you read books from the back to the front? Here's some
info. for you:

Clark Simmons

What does reading a book have to do with posting?

--
Regards, Clark in Round Rock Texas USA

http://xld.com
ISP Services, Recipes, Best Sellers, History, Humor, Current Issues, and Lots of
Free Stuff.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Clark Simmons:
What does reading a book have to do with posting?

He said we don't begin reading a book by starting at Chapter Six.

To many, opening one of your posts is the beginning of a book, because
they haven't seen any other parts - maybe they've expired from their
news server. So, your sentence above is Chapter Six. Now, they have
to scroll to find Chapters One through Five, and try to figure out the
order of things.

However, in this post, that's impossible, because YOUR SIG LINE
removed the previously quoted material BELOW it from my reply. The
"dash dash space" belongs at the bottom of your post. All *real*
newsreaders do this correctly.