    http://www.wxnut.net/

    Thank you.

    Doug Raflik
    Doug Raflik, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Doug Raflik

    Doug Raflik Guest

    Found my mistake. Thanks...

    Doug Raflik, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Doug Raflik

    Spartanicus Guest

    Doug Raflik wrote:

    >I redid my homepage, and for the first time I used frames.

    Bad decision.

    >What do I need to do???????

    Loose the frames.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Nov 23, 2003
  4. Doug Raflik

    Doug Raflik Guest

    Why do you say that???

    Doug Raflik, Nov 23, 2003
  5. Quoth the raven named Doug Raflik:
    > I redid my homepage, and for the first time I used frames. Nothing
    > fancy, just a menu on the left and a picture and some text on the right.
    > It looks great in Netscape, but when I open it with IE the left frame
    > is not centered, and the right one just plain doesn't show up. What do I
    > need to do???????
    >
    > http://www.wxnut.net/

    What, the whole purpose of the frames is so we can look at your
    studious face in the right frame all the time, whilst clicking on the
    photo links in the left frame opens a new window?

    Very bad design.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 23, 2003
  6. Doug Raflik

    Steve R. Guest

    Spartanicus wrote in message
    > Loose the frames.

    (1) Learn how to spell 'lose',

    (2) His website is one which works ok with frames, although the layout *could* be greatly improved
    and his spelling also checked, as in ... "Thank you for your **intrest** in my photography" :~(
    Steve R., Nov 23, 2003
  7. Doug Raflik

    Doug Raflik Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > What, the whole purpose of the frames is so we can look at your studious
    > face in the right frame all the time, whilst clicking on the photo links
    > in the left frame opens a new window?
    >
    > Very bad design.

    How should I do it? If the link opens up in that frame, the pictures
    they are linking to are way to big to fit into that frame.

    Doug
    Doug Raflik, Nov 23, 2003
  8. Doug Raflik

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Doug Raflik wrote:
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >> What, the whole purpose of the frames is so we can look at your
    >> studious face in the right frame all the time, whilst clicking on
    >> the photo links in the left frame opens a new window?

    > How should I do it? If the link opens up in that frame, the pictures
    > they are linking to are way to big to fit into that frame.

    Thumbnails vertically on the left, enlarged picture on the right.
    BTW, try to reduce the size of the pictures. Example
    Original: http://www.wxnut.net/sq5.jpg 660kb
    With a little compression: http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/sq5a.jpg 120kb
    (Ehh I added some other effects :)
    Regards, Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Nov 23, 2003
  9. Doug Raflik

    Spartanicus Guest

    Spartanicus, Nov 23, 2003
  10. Why?

    --
    Regards, Clark in Round Rock Texas USA

    http://xld.com
    ISP Services, Recipes, Best Sellers, History, Humor, Current Issues, and Lots of
    Free Stuff.

    > Doug Raflik wrote:
    >
    > >> Loose the frames.

    > >Why do you say that???

    > http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil
    >
    > Btw, stop top posting.
    >
    > --
    > Spartanicus

    ---
    Clark Simmons, Nov 23, 2003
  11. Doug Raflik

    Doug Raflik Guest

    My gosh... some hard peop... Oops sorry. (see below)

    Spartanicus wrote:
    > Doug Raflik wrote:
    >

    >>>Loose the frames.

    >>Why do you say that???

    > http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil
    >
    > Btw, stop top posting.

    My gosh... some hard people to please in here. Thanks for anyone that
    did help me out.
    Doug Raflik, Nov 23, 2003
  12. In article <bpr28e$1pb250$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > "Spartanicus" <> wrote in message

    > > >Why do you say that???

    > > http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil
    > >
    > > Btw, stop top posting.

    > Why?

    So that your post remains in context. Also, when I hit "reply" to your
    message, everything but "Why?" was cut out because of your sig.
    separator. To you read books from the back to the front? Here's some
    info. for you:

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 23, 2003
  13. In article <bpr28e$1pb250$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > "Spartanicus" <> wrote in message

    > > >Why do you say that???

    > > http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil
    > >
    > > Btw, stop top posting.
    > >

    > Why?

    Do you read books from the back to the front? Your sig. separator
    causes anything other than "Why?" to be cut off when replying to your
    messages - that's the correct behaviour of a good news client.

    Read this:

    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 23, 2003
  14. What does reading a book have to do with posting?

    Clark Simmons, Nov 24, 2003
  15. Quoth the raven named Clark Simmons:
    > What does reading a book have to do with posting?

    He said we don't begin reading a book by starting at Chapter Six.

    To many, opening one of your posts is the beginning of a book, because
    they haven't seen any other parts - maybe they've expired from their
    news server. So, your sentence above is Chapter Six. Now, they have
    to scroll to find Chapters One through Five, and try to figure out the
    order of things.

    However, in this post, that's impossible, because YOUR SIG LINE
    removed the previously quoted material BELOW it from my reply. The
    "dash dash space" belongs at the bottom of your post. All *real*
    newsreaders do this correctly.

    --
    -Top posting
    -What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 24, 2003
  16. Toby A Inkster, Nov 24, 2003