Something like JSP tags

Laszlo

Hi Gurus

Did somebody develop a mechanism for Perl (and Apache web server)
like JSP tag ?

Graf Laszlo

James Willmore

On 3 Nov 2003 05:44:40 -0800
Hi Gurus

Did somebody develop a mechanism for Perl (and Apache web server)
like JSP tag ?

Wombat (http://search.cpan.org/~ix/Wombat-0.7.1/lib/Wombat.pm). It's
design is similar to Tomcat.

If you use Apache, there is a way to use server side includes.
However, from what I've read, it created more headaches as far as
server security is concerned. There is a tutorial you coulde read on
this (Apache specific) -
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/ssi.html
It's been a long time since I've used SSI at all.

HTH

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
"The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel
and vinyl." -- Dave Barry

Malcolm Dew-Jones

Laszlo ([email protected]) wrote:
: Hi Gurus

: Did somebody develop a mechanism for Perl (and Apache web server)
: like JSP tag ?

: Graf Laszlo

If you mean html web pages with additional xml-ish tags that control
variable content and logic, but use perl instead of java, then look at the
various template packages available.