    Did somebody develop a mechanism for Perl (and Apache web server)
    like JSP tag ?

    Graf Laszlo
    Laszlo, Nov 3, 2003

  2. On 3 Nov 2003 05:44:40 -0800
    (Laszlo) wrote:

    > Hi Gurus
    >
    > Did somebody develop a mechanism for Perl (and Apache web server)
    > like JSP tag ?

    Wombat (http://search.cpan.org/~ix/Wombat-0.7.1/lib/Wombat.pm). It's
    design is similar to Tomcat.

    If you use Apache, there is a way to use server side includes.
    However, from what I've read, it created more headaches as far as
    server security is concerned. There is a tutorial you coulde read on
    this (Apache specific) -
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/ssi.html
    It's been a long time since I've used SSI at all.

    HTH

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    "The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel
    and vinyl." -- Dave Barry
    James Willmore, Nov 3, 2003

  3. Laszlo () wrote:
    : Hi Gurus

    : Did somebody develop a mechanism for Perl (and Apache web server)
    : like JSP tag ?

    : Graf Laszlo

    If you mean html web pages with additional xml-ish tags that control
    variable content and logic, but use perl instead of java, then look at the
    various template packages available.
    Malcolm Dew-Jones, Nov 3, 2003