Something other than DIVs

deaducky8

Ok when I first began my learning of HTML I used DIVs and I still do, as I
haven't learned much. For some reason DIVs don't work the same in Mozilla as
they do in IE.. something about how Firefox doesn't have the same
information as IE. I was just wondering if there was a way to get text on my
page that would look the same in Firefox and IE. If not then is there any
way I can still make it look good in both?? I thought frames, but from the
greatly appreciated.

Jonathan N. Little

deaducky8 said:
Ok when I first began my learning of HTML I used DIVs and I still do, as I
haven't learned much.
Ooookay

For some reason DIVs don't work the same in Mozilla as
they do in IE.. something about how Firefox doesn't have the same
information as IE.

???? Sorry but but what the hell does that mean? ! You really have not
described what "don't work" is? How? How about a URL with an example so
we can see what you are talking about. Maybe the problem is related to
your previous statement.
I was just wondering if there was a way to get text on my
page that would look the same in Firefox and IE.

Sure.
Some text in a DIV
Some text that will be below the other in both Moz and IE if not styled
otherwise
If not then is there any
way I can still make it look good in both??

DIV != FRAMES. Agree frames in general should be avoided but not sure
what they have to do with the rendering of DIVs
I thought frames, but from the
greatly appreciated.

Martin Jay

In message said:
Ok when I first began my learning of HTML I used DIVs and I still do, as I
haven't learned much. For some reason DIVs don't work the same in Mozilla as
they do in IE.. something about how Firefox doesn't have the same
information as IE.

It's funny how people point the finger at Firefox when 99% of the time
IE is at fault. :)
I was just wondering if there was a way to get text on my
page that would look the same in Firefox and IE.

What do you mean by "same?" Are you talking pixel perfection here, or
is there a more serious display problem?

Any chance of a look at your problem?
If not then is there any way I can still make it look good in both?? I
thought frames, but from the responses I got in the other post that's
not a good idea. Help would be greatly appreciated.

I find laying out the HTML correctly makes things a lot easier: I think
this is what many people go wrong. Then use DIVs to group content
together for display purposes, and finally SPANs to style particular
things.