    page that would look the same in Firefox and IE. If not then is there any
    way I can still make it look good in both?? I thought frames, but from the
    greatly appreciated.

    deaducky8, May 22, 2006

  2. deaducky8 wrote:
    > Ok when I first began my learning of HTML I used DIVs and I still do, as I
    > haven't learned much.

    Ooookay

    > For some reason DIVs don't work the same in Mozilla as
    > they do in IE.. something about how Firefox doesn't have the same
    > information as IE.

    ???? Sorry but but what the hell does that mean? ! You really have not
    described what "don't work" is? How? How about a URL with an example so
    we can see what you are talking about. Maybe the problem is related to
    your previous statement.

    > I was just wondering if there was a way to get text on my
    > page that would look the same in Firefox and IE.

    Sure.
    Some text in a DIV
    Some text that will be below the other in both Moz and IE if not styled
    otherwise

    > If not then is there any
    > way I can still make it look good in both??

    DIV != FRAMES. Agree frames in general should be avoided but not sure
    what they have to do with the rendering of DIVs

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, May 22, 2006

  3. deaducky8

    Martin Jay Guest

    In message <VWhcg.281$>,
    deaducky8 <> writes
    >Ok when I first began my learning of HTML I used DIVs and I still do, as I
    >haven't learned much. For some reason DIVs don't work the same in Mozilla as
    >they do in IE.. something about how Firefox doesn't have the same
    >information as IE.

    It's funny how people point the finger at Firefox when 99% of the time
    IE is at fault. :)

    >I was just wondering if there was a way to get text on my
    >page that would look the same in Firefox and IE.

    What do you mean by "same?" Are you talking pixel perfection here, or
    is there a more serious display problem?

    Any chance of a look at your problem?

    > If not then is there any way I can still make it look good in both?? I
    >thought frames, but from the responses I got in the other post that's
    >not a good idea. Help would be greatly appreciated.

    I find laying out the HTML correctly makes things a lot easier: I think
    this is what many people go wrong. Then use DIVs to group content
    together for display purposes, and finally SPANs to style particular
    things.
    --
    Martin Jay

    Martin Jay, May 22, 2006