Something simular to java's hsqldb for python??

Discussion in 'Python' started by pet100us, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. pet100us

    pet100us Guest

    Hi,

    Is there some program that is simular to java's hsqldb
    (http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/). It is a relational database that can
    easily be used within a small java program without installing a MySQL,
    Postgresql etc. It is used within the same virtual machine whitout
    installing anything extra.

    Is there somthing similar for python? I need a small database that I
    can build into my application. When the program starts the database
    should start and when the programm exits the database can stop. I know
    that the samething could be done with xml files or binary files. The
    database has some advantages. e.g. when I want to change the program
    that it uses a "real" database I dont need to replace much of the
    code. I just change the database driver an off we go. (the programmers
    dream)

    Thanks in advance
    pet100us
    pet100us, Jun 16, 2004

    http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/ and http://pysqlite.sourceforge.net/

    --
    Timo "WT" Virkkala

    "In the battle between you and the world, bet on the world."
    Timo Virkkala, Jun 16, 2004