Sometimes error in same page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sorin Sandu, May 12, 2004.

  1. Sorin Sandu

    Sorin Sandu Guest

    I have a simple page with a grid on it based on a stored procedure
    Sometimes I get this error :
    Request timed out.

    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

    How can I resolve this ?
    Sorin Sandu, May 12, 2004

  2. Sorin Sandu

    Hans Kesting Guest

    "Sorin Sandu" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I have a simple page with a grid on it based on a stored procedure
    > Sometimes I get this error :
    > Request timed out.
    >
    > Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.
    >
    > Source Error:

    > current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
    >

    > Stack Trace:
    >

    > [HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]
    >

    > How can I resolve this ?

    "Something" seems to take a lot of time.

    You can set Tracing on to see how long the various processingsteps take.
    (you might need to add a few tracing statements)

    First points to check, based on your short description:
    * How complicated is the stored procedure (read: how long does it take) ?
    * How big is the dataset returned? (number of rows, size of row)
    * Is viewstate on or off? (viewstate combined with grid can lead to large html output!)

    Hans Kesting
    Hans Kesting, May 12, 2004