Somewhat OT: Good Xmas gift for a C++ professor?

Mark Bruno

Can anyone recommend a good book I could get for my cpp prof for christmas?
Being a student, I'm worried that a lot of the stuff I've looked at is
geared for the novice. Thanks.

Bob Hairgrove

Can anyone recommend a good book I could get for my cpp prof for christmas?
Being a student, I'm worried that a lot of the stuff I've looked at is
geared for the novice. Thanks.

Hmmm ... what makes you think (s)he would appreciate a book about C++
(I assume that is what you had in mind)? Chances are good that he or
she might already have the book you want to give.

If you really want to do him or her a favor, you might find out what
other hobbies or interests your prof. has, aside from computers, and
get something appropriate.

Paul

Look into his research interests and get a high-quality edition of the
seminal paper/book in his field?