Sony Ericsonn k750i: software/notepad to record list of times

ben.necho

Hi.

I take medication[1] every 4 hours.

They are amphetamines and it's important I take them approx every 4
hours

I need to make a note of what time I take it

Is there a really quick and easy way of doing this? [2]

If someone who knows how to write software can do this I'll pay them
for doing so? [3]

[1] medication is dexedrine for ADHD
[2] would be great if I didn't have to type in the time - if I could do
it quickly - .e.g on the bus.. just press a key and the phone
automatically enters a 'time' stamp.

[3] I'm a student, I can't really afford to pay more than $20 but there
may be a big market it. Ofcourse if you make it freeware, I'd be
delighted!

CBFalconer

I take medication[1] every 4 hours.

They are amphetamines and it's important I take them approx every
4 hours

I need to make a note of what time I take it

Is there a really quick and easy way of doing this? [2]

If someone who knows how to write software can do this I'll pay
them for doing so? [3]

[1] medication is dexedrine for ADHD
[2] would be great if I didn't have to type in the time - if I
could do it quickly - .e.g on the bus.. just press a key and the
phone automatically enters a 'time' stamp.

[3] I'm a student, I can't really afford to pay more than $20 but
there may be a big market it. Ofcourse if you make it freeware,
I'd be delighted!

Write a script for your system, whatever it may be. For windoze
you can use a batch (.bat) file, especially if you have 4dos (a
free download from jpsoft.com). On linux a bash script will do
nicely.

All they have to do is add a line to a file, specifying date and
time. You can arrange various ways of running it.

Alternatively someone can write a whole program, which is gross
overkill.

ben.necho

--

It's for a mobile phone - the Sony E K750i , not a computer

CBFalconer

CBFalconer said:
[...]

Oh. There's probably a computer hidden under that, but I am
certainly not familiar with it. Good luck. Try
comp.arch.embedded, where you may well find some of the designers.
Don't cross post all over again, it will get you ignored.

Chris Malcolm

In said:
I take medication[1] every 4 hours.
They are amphetamines and it's important I take them approx every 4
hours
I need to make a note of what time I take it

Is there a really quick and easy way of doing this? [2]

A stopwatch. Reset it to zero when you take the stuff. Lots of digital
watches have such a feature built-in. Many of them also have a timer
you can set to go off after 4 hours, or if you like every four hours.

ben.necho

Chris said:
In said:
I take medication[1] every 4 hours.
They are amphetamines and it's important I take them approx every 4
hours
I need to make a note of what time I take it

Is there a really quick and easy way of doing this? [2]

A stopwatch. Reset it to zero when you take the stuff. Lots of digital
watches have such a feature built-in. Many of them also have a timer
you can set to go off after 4 hours, or if you like every four hours.

My doctor needs a list of times that I took the drug. (monitoring side
effects such as insomnia)

My phone has a countdown timer - I can set it to reset every 4 hours

CBFalconer

CBFalconer said:
CBFalconer said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote:

[...]

Considering further, a suitable device could probably be built out
of a cheap PIC, a battery, and a pushbutton. In any volume it
could go for something in the twenty dollar area. It could be
unloaded via an RS232 port, or SPI, etc. Take your meds, push the
button. Once daily (or weekly, etc) unload it somewhere.

I am capable of tackling such, but not willing. Once again, try
comp.arch.embedded. There could be a buck in it for someone.
Needs a few interlocks, against multiple button pushes, for
example.

Joe Baldwin

Hi.

I take medication[1] every 4 hours.

They are amphetamines and it's important I take them approx every 4
hours

I need to make a note of what time I take it

Is there a really quick and easy way of doing this? [2]

If someone who knows how to write software can do this I'll pay them
for doing so? [3]

[1] medication is dexedrine for ADHD
[2] would be great if I didn't have to type in the time - if I could do
it quickly - .e.g on the bus.. just press a key and the phone
automatically enters a 'time' stamp.

[3] I'm a student, I can't really afford to pay more than $20 but there
may be a big market it. Ofcourse if you make it freeware, I'd be
delighted!
I took a few min. and look out on source forge. I found this java
program. In one of your other notes you said that you wanted to run on
a phone. I've not done it but a lot of phone can held java.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jicmtm

Oliver Wong

Joe Baldwin said:
I took a few min. and look out on source forge. I found this java program.
In one of your other notes you said that you wanted to run on a phone.
I've not done it but a lot of phone can held java.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jicmtm

The project is in the planning stages, so they haven't actually released
any software yet. Also, it looks like this is for J2SE (Java 2 Standard
Edition), which means it probably won't run on cellphones (which only have
J2ME, Java 2 Micro Edition). J2SE is intended for desktop usage, and
requires something like a 100 meg download, which most phones can't afford.

- Oliver

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?C=E9dric_Olmanst?=

Oliver Wong a écrit :
J2SE is intended for desktop usage, and requires something
like a 100 meg download, which most phones can't afford.

I think the JDK is between 60 and 80 Mo (my phone can afford it), and he
only needs the JRE. It's about 7 Mo, I think.

Oliver Wong

Cédric Olmanst said:
Oliver Wong a écrit :

I think the JDK is between 60 and 80 Mo (my phone can afford it), and he
only needs the JRE. It's about 7 Mo, I think.

When I right click on properties for my "C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06" folder, it tells me 70.5MB.

- Oliver