Sorry state of programming - Infosys, TCS or Wipro?

Seebs

Where should programmers go? Infosys, TCS or Wipro?

Well, obviously all three of them hired you to spam? :)

FWIW, I have had SPECTACULARLY bad experiences with some "offshore"
places. Like, still laughing about it years later. I dunno if they're
all like that, but certainly, I've heard a LOT of people with similar
stories.

Interestingly, when we switched from "hire this company to provide us
with the worst programmers they can find" to "hire people in Asia as
actual employees", things improved quite a bit.

.... But about all I can think of that this has to do with C is that,
in general, I think C is now specialized enough that I wouldn't want
to hire Generic Consultants to do it.

-s

Roberto Waltman

Seebs said:
Well, obviously all three of them hired you to spam? :)

Not really, took a quick look at the article. I do like this snippet,
(probably applicable to 90% of SW development enterprises...)

"Engineering: One can find engineering problems in these organizations
but no trace of engineering. For those of you who work in one of these
organizations and are offended by this statement, please go and open
your engineering textbooks again. Try to remind yourself what you
studied and what you learnt. Consider what you do now."

Seebs

Not really, took a quick look at the article. I do like this snippet,
(probably applicable to 90% of SW development enterprises...)
"Engineering: One can find engineering problems in these organizations
but no trace of engineering. For those of you who work in one of these
organizations and are offended by this statement, please go and open
your engineering textbooks again. Try to remind yourself what you
studied and what you learnt. Consider what you do now."

Huh, color me surprised. Pleasantly.

And yes, 90% of software development enterprises are probably like
that; Sturgeon's Law.

-s