Sorry state of programming - Infosys, TCS or Wipro?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Ravi Mathur, Nov 15, 2011.

  1. Ravi Mathur

    Ravi Mathur Guest

    Ravi Mathur, Nov 15, 2011

  2. Ravi Mathur

    Seebs Guest

    On 2011-11-15, Ravi Mathur <> wrote:
    > Where should programmers go? Infosys, TCS or Wipro?

    Well, obviously all three of them hired you to spam? :)

    FWIW, I have had SPECTACULARLY bad experiences with some "offshore"
    places. Like, still laughing about it years later. I dunno if they're
    all like that, but certainly, I've heard a LOT of people with similar
    stories.

    Interestingly, when we switched from "hire this company to provide us
    with the worst programmers they can find" to "hire people in Asia as
    actual employees", things improved quite a bit.

    .... But about all I can think of that this has to do with C is that,
    in general, I think C is now specialized enough that I wouldn't want
    to hire Generic Consultants to do it.

    -s
    Seebs, Nov 15, 2011

  3. Seebs <> wrote:
    >Ravi Mathur wrote:
    >> Where should programmers go? Infosys, TCS or Wipro?

    >Well, obviously all three of them hired you to spam? :)

    Not really, took a quick look at the article. I do like this snippet,
    (probably applicable to 90% of SW development enterprises...)

    "Engineering: One can find engineering problems in these organizations
    but no trace of engineering. For those of you who work in one of these
    organizations and are offended by this statement, please go and open
    your engineering textbooks again. Try to remind yourself what you
    studied and what you learnt. Consider what you do now."

    --
    Roberto Waltman

    [ Please reply to the group,
    return address is invalid ]
    Roberto Waltman, Nov 16, 2011
  4. Ravi Mathur

    Seebs Guest

    On 2011-11-16, Roberto Waltman <> wrote:
    > Not really, took a quick look at the article. I do like this snippet,
    > (probably applicable to 90% of SW development enterprises...)

    > "Engineering: One can find engineering problems in these organizations
    > but no trace of engineering. For those of you who work in one of these
    > organizations and are offended by this statement, please go and open
    > your engineering textbooks again. Try to remind yourself what you
    > studied and what you learnt. Consider what you do now."

    Huh, color me surprised. Pleasantly.

    And yes, 90% of software development enterprises are probably like
    that; Sturgeon's Law.

    -s
    Seebs, Nov 16, 2011