'sorry this function has been disabled'

London.Embankment

If you go to this website:

http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/

It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
this?
(I am using a similar site but not this exact site)

(I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

Can I use a freeware application to edit this (and save it to a
different web address)?

Els

If you go to this website:

http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/

It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
this?

Use Firefox...
(I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

Maybe disable JavaScript?

Then again, what's the problem with typing your address in it? You're
not going to insert 100s of addresses automatically, are you?

[alt.html.critique snipped from groups - this is not a request for a
critique]

BootNic

(e-mail address removed) wrote in (e-mail address removed):
If you go to this website:

http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/

It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
this?
(I am using a similar site but not this exact site)

(I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

Can I use a freeware application to edit this (and save it to a
different web address)?

It can be done with the keyboard.
Ctrl + v for paste
Ctrl + x for cut
Ctrl + c for copy

It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down after the
click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to dismiss the alert,
then let go of the button and the menu will appear.

--
BootNic Tuesday February 5, 2008 10:54 AM
Why is it that our memory is good enough to retain the least

Els

BootNic said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote in (e-mail address removed):
http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/

It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
this? [snip]
(I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

It can be done with the keyboard.
Ctrl + v for paste
Ctrl + x for cut
Ctrl + c for copy

It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down after the
click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to dismiss the alert,
then let go of the button and the menu will appear.

That's how it normally works, yes. However, on this particular site,
IE does not paste anything into the field.

London.Embankment

It can be done with the keyboard.
Ctrl + v for paste
Ctrl + x for cut
Ctrl + c for copy

It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down after the
click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to dismiss the alert,
then let go of the button and the menu will appear.

Neither of those work on this site: 'function disabled' (or similar
message)

BootNic

BootNic wrote: [snip]
It can be done with the keyboard.
Ctrl + v for paste
Ctrl + x for cut
Ctrl + c for copy

It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down
after the click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to
dismiss the alert, then let go of the button and the menu will
appear.

That's how it normally works, yes. However, on this particular site,
IE does not paste anything into the field.

IE7 vista has no issues with the methods. Perhaps it's an issue for other
versions.

Els

BootNic said:
BootNic wrote: [snip]
It can be done with the keyboard.
Ctrl + v for paste
Ctrl + x for cut
Ctrl + c for copy

It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down
after the click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to
dismiss the alert, then let go of the button and the menu will
appear.

That's how it normally works, yes. However, on this particular site,
IE does not paste anything into the field.

IE7 vista has no issues with the methods. Perhaps it's an issue for other
versions.

IE7 on XP Home here.

Jeff

Els said:
BootNic said:
BootNic wrote: [snip]
It can be done with the keyboard.
Ctrl + v for paste
Ctrl + x for cut
Ctrl + c for copy

It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down
after the click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to
dismiss the alert, then let go of the button and the menu will
appear.
That's how it normally works, yes. However, on this particular site,
IE does not paste anything into the field.
IE7 vista has no issues with the methods. Perhaps it's an issue for other
versions.

IE7 on XP Home here.

Doesn't matter. The textfield has this: onpaste="return false;"; IE6
has the same handler.

FireFox apparently doesn't. The onpaste handler is new to me. I'd use
it if it had a FireFox equivalent, although certainly not for that purpose!

As others have suggested, turn off javascript.

Jeff

Jonathan N. Little

If you go to this website:

http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/

It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
this?
(I am using a similar site but not this exact site)

(I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

Why? The browser police will get you?

Has MS-specific javascript, disable javascript and paste away!

Chaddy2222

If you go to this website:

http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/

It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
this?
(I am using a similar site but not this exact site)

(I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

Can I use a freeware application to edit this (and save it to a
different web address)?

Just disable JavaScript.

London.Embankment

  Turn off Javascript.

Thanks for the tip, however, I am unable to turn off javascript.

When I try in TOOLS ---> INTERNET OPTIONS it says 'This operation has
been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please
contact your system administrator"

bealoid

(e-mail address removed) wrote in (e-mail address removed):
If you go to this website:

http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/

It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
this?

It's a really good idea to not paste emails addresses. The whole point of
asking you to confirm it a second time is to make sure you typed it right
the first time - cut and pasting it from the first box to the second
doesn't do that.

Obviously, using javascript or similar to prevent it is stupid, and I have
no answers to your problem.

BootNic

(e-mail address removed) wrote in

[snip]
Thanks for the tip, however, I am unable to turn off javascript.

When I try in TOOLS ---> INTERNET OPTIONS it says 'This operation has
been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please
contact your system administrator"

In that case, you can try to use javascript to remove the issues.

Paste the following in the address bar and hit enter.

NOTE: remove any line wrap in the following.

javascript:j=document.getElementsByTagName('*');for(i=0;i<j.length;i++){j
.onpaste='';};document.onmousedown='';alert('done');

The above could be added to your favorites if you know how.

Jim Moe

Thanks for the tip, however, I am unable to turn off javascript.

When I try in TOOLS ---> INTERNET OPTIONS it says 'This operation has
been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please
contact your system administrator"
Ah. You have a corporate computer with specific built-in restrictions.
Your only choice is to "contact your system administrator."

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:12:12 GMT
Jonathan N. Little scribed:
Wow Chad, I didn't know that you shuddered. ;-)

-Er, "stuttered" perhaps? <g>