    Can I use a freeware application to edit this (and save it to a
    different web address)?
    , Feb 5, 2008

  2. Els Guest

    wrote:

    > If you go to this website:
    >
    > http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
    >
    > It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
    > this?

    Use Firefox...

    > (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

    Maybe disable JavaScript?

    Then again, what's the problem with typing your address in it? You're
    not going to insert 100s of addresses automatically, are you?

    [alt.html.critique snipped from groups - this is not a request for a
    critique]

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Feb 5, 2008

  3. BootNic Guest

    wrote in news:1a121e14-0d07-48a1-a28e-
    :

    > If you go to this website:
    >
    > http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
    >
    > It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
    > this?
    > (I am using a similar site but not this exact site)
    >
    > (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)
    >
    > Can I use a freeware application to edit this (and save it to a
    > different web address)?

    It can be done with the keyboard.
    Ctrl + v for paste
    Ctrl + x for cut
    Ctrl + c for copy

    It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down after the
    click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to dismiss the alert,
    then let go of the button and the menu will appear.

    --
    BootNic Tuesday February 5, 2008 10:54 AM
    Why is it that our memory is good enough to retain the least
    BootNic, Feb 5, 2008
  4. Els Guest

    BootNic wrote:
    > wrote in news:1a121e14-0d07-48a1-a28e-
    > :
    >
    >> http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
    >>
    >> It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
    >> this?

    [snip]
    >> (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

    > It can be done with the keyboard.
    > Ctrl + v for paste
    > Ctrl + x for cut
    > Ctrl + c for copy
    >
    > It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down after the
    > click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to dismiss the alert,
    > then let go of the button and the menu will appear.

    That's how it normally works, yes. However, on this particular site,
    IE does not paste anything into the field.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Feb 5, 2008

    > It can be done with the keyboard.
    > Ctrl + v for paste
    > Ctrl + x for cut
    > Ctrl + c for copy
    >
    > It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down after the
    > click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to dismiss the alert,
    > then let go of the button and the menu will appear.

    Neither of those work on this site: 'function disabled' (or similar
    message)
    , Feb 5, 2008
  6. BootNic Guest

    Els <> wrote in

    > BootNic wrote:

    [snip]
    >> It can be done with the keyboard.
    >> Ctrl + v for paste
    >> Ctrl + x for cut
    >> Ctrl + c for copy
    >>
    >> It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down
    >> after the click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to
    >> dismiss the alert, then let go of the button and the menu will
    >> appear.

    > That's how it normally works, yes. However, on this particular site,
    > IE does not paste anything into the field.

    IE7 vista has no issues with the methods. Perhaps it's an issue for other
    versions.

    --
    BootNic Tuesday February 5, 2008 11:30 AM
    When men are pure, laws are useless; when men are corrupt, laws are
    BootNic, Feb 5, 2008
  7. Els Guest

    BootNic wrote:

    > Els <> wrote in
    >
    >> BootNic wrote:

    > [snip]
    >>> It can be done with the keyboard.
    >>> Ctrl + v for paste
    >>> Ctrl + x for cut
    >>> Ctrl + c for copy
    >>>
    >>> It can also be done by with the mouse, just keep the button down
    >>> after the click and hit the Enter key, space bar or Esc key to
    >>> dismiss the alert, then let go of the button and the menu will
    >>> appear.

    >> That's how it normally works, yes. However, on this particular site,
    >> IE does not paste anything into the field.

    > IE7 vista has no issues with the methods. Perhaps it's an issue for other
    > versions.

    IE7 on XP Home here.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Feb 5, 2008
  8. Jim Moe Guest

    On 02/05/08 08:09 am, wrote:
    > If you go to this website:
    >
    > http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
    >
    > It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
    > this?
    >
    > (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

    Turn off Javascript.

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)
    Jim Moe, Feb 5, 2008
  9. Jeff Guest

    Els wrote:
    > BootNic wrote:
    >
    >> Els <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> BootNic wrote:

    >> [snip]

    >>> That's how it normally works, yes. However, on this particular site,
    >>> IE does not paste anything into the field.

    >> IE7 vista has no issues with the methods. Perhaps it's an issue for other
    >> versions.

    > IE7 on XP Home here.

    Doesn't matter. The textfield has this: onpaste="return false;"; IE6
    has the same handler.

    FireFox apparently doesn't. The onpaste handler is new to me. I'd use
    it if it had a FireFox equivalent, although certainly not for that purpose!

    As others have suggested, turn off javascript.

    Jeff

    Jeff, Feb 5, 2008
  10. wrote:
    > If you go to this website:
    >
    > http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
    >
    > It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
    > this?
    > (I am using a similar site but not this exact site)
    >
    > (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

    Why? The browser police will get you?

    Has MS-specific javascript, disable javascript and paste away!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 5, 2008
  11. Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Feb 6, 2:09 am, wrote:
    > If you go to this website:
    >
    > http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
    >
    > It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
    > this?
    > (I am using a similar site but not this exact site)
    >
    > (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)
    >
    > Can I use a freeware application to edit this (and save it to a
    > different web address)?

    Just disable JavaScript.
    Chaddy2222, Feb 6, 2008
  12. Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Feb 6, 2:09 am, wrote:
    > If you go to this website:
    >
    > http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
    >
    > It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
    > this?
    > (I am using a similar site but not this exact site)
    >
    > (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)
    >
    > Can I use a freeware application to edit this (and save it to a
    > different web address)?

    Just disable JavaScript.
    Chaddy2222, Feb 6, 2008
  13. Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Feb 6, 2:09 am, wrote:
    > If you go to this website:
    >
    > http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
    >
    > It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
    > this?
    > (I am using a similar site but not this exact site)
    >
    > (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)
    >
    > Can I use a freeware application to edit this (and save it to a
    > different web address)?

    Just disable JavaScript.
    Chaddy2222, Feb 6, 2008
  14. Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Feb 6, 2:09 am, wrote:
    > If you go to this website:
    >
    > http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
    >
    > It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
    > this?
    > (I am using a similar site but not this exact site)
    >
    > (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)
    >
    > Can I use a freeware application to edit this (and save it to a
    > different web address)?

    Just disable JavaScript.
    Chaddy2222, Feb 6, 2008
  15. Chaddy2222 wrote:
    > On Feb 6, 2:09 am, wrote:
    >> If you go to this website:
    >>
    >> http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
    >>
    >> It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
    >> this?
    >> (I am using a similar site but not this exact site)
    >>
    >> (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)
    >>
    >> Can I use a freeware application to edit this (and save it to a
    >> different web address)?

    > Just disable JavaScript.
    > --
    > Regards Chad. http://freewebdesignonline.org

    Wow Chad, I didn't know that you shuddered. ;-)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 6, 2008

    On Feb 5, 5:50 pm, Jim Moe <> wrote:
    > On 02/05/08 08:09 am, wrote:> If you go to this website:
    >
    > >http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/

    > > It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
    > > this?

    > > (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

    >   Turn off Javascript.
    >
    > --
    > jmm (hyphen) list (at) sohnen-moe (dot) com
    > (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

    Thanks for the tip, however, I am unable to turn off javascript.

    When I try in TOOLS ---> INTERNET OPTIONS it says 'This operation has
    been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please
    contact your system administrator"
    , Feb 6, 2008
  17. bealoid Guest

    wrote in news:1a121e14-0d07-48a1-a28e-
    :

    > If you go to this website:
    >
    > http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
    >
    > It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
    > this?

    It's a really good idea to not paste emails addresses. The whole point of
    asking you to confirm it a second time is to make sure you typed it right
    the first time - cut and pasting it from the first box to the second
    doesn't do that.

    Obviously, using javascript or similar to prevent it is stupid, and I have
    no answers to your problem.
    bealoid, Feb 6, 2008
  18. BootNic Guest

    wrote in

    [snip]
    > Thanks for the tip, however, I am unable to turn off javascript.
    >
    > When I try in TOOLS ---> INTERNET OPTIONS it says 'This operation has
    > been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please
    > contact your system administrator"

    In that case, you can try to use javascript to remove the issues.

    Paste the following in the address bar and hit enter.

    NOTE: remove any line wrap in the following.

    javascript:j=document.getElementsByTagName('*');for(i=0;i<j.length;i++){j
    .onpaste='';};document.onmousedown='';alert('done');

    The above could be added to your favorites if you know how.

    --
    BootNic Wednesday February 6, 2008 1:40 PM
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature
    BootNic, Feb 6, 2008
  19. Jim Moe Guest

    >> > (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)

    >> Turn off Javascript.

    > Thanks for the tip, however, I am unable to turn off javascript.
    >
    > When I try in TOOLS ---> INTERNET OPTIONS it says 'This operation has
    > been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please
    > contact your system administrator"

    Ah. You have a corporate computer with specific built-in restrictions.
    Your only choice is to "contact your system administrator."

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)
    Jim Moe, Feb 6, 2008
  20. Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 06 Feb 2008 14:12:12 GMT
    Jonathan N. Little scribed:

    > Chaddy2222 wrote:
    >> On Feb 6, 2:09 am, wrote:
    >>> If you go to this website:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.cwtgtg.co.uk/dwp/
    >>>
    >>> It won't allow you to PASTE email addresses. Is there a way around
    >>> this?
    >>> (I am using a similar site but not this exact site)
    >>>
    >>> (I must use IE - I can't use Firefox for this)
    >>>
    >>> Can I use a freeware application to edit this (and save it to a
    >>> different web address)?

    >> Just disable JavaScript.
    >> --
    >> Regards Chad. http://freewebdesignonline.org

    > Wow Chad, I didn't know that you shuddered. ;-)

    -Er, "stuttered" perhaps? <g>

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.