Sorry to be such a pain

Brent White

I am building an ASP.NET form called default.aspx on an intranet
server. It worked fine until I added a reference to ADO under the COM
tab.

When I did, I get this error referencing the web.config file in the
application directory:

Server Error in '/testing2' Application.

Configuration Error
file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly
'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime, Version=8.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its
dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 37: </customErrors>
Line 38: -->
Line 39: <compilation debug="true" urlLinePragmas="true">
Line 40: <assemblies>
Line 41: <add
assembly="Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime,
Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/></assemblies></compilation></system.web>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\testing2\web.config Line: 39

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to
determine why the assembly
'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime, Version=8.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind
failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50215.44;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50215.44

I need the ADO to fill a combo box on the form.

xhead

Can you use ADO.NET instead of ADO?
Just reference the System.Data namespace in your project and you're off
to a better start I think.

Mark Rae

I am building an ASP.NET form called default.aspx on an intranet
server. It worked fine until I added a reference to ADO under the COM
tab.

Why on earth would you want to use ADO/COM in ASP.NET?????

Brent

Mark Rae said:
Why on earth would you want to use ADO/COM in ASP.NET?????

I'm a long-standing VB6 Programmer, so I know ADO very well. I don't
know ASP.NET very well, but I'm learning.

Let me try the system.data thing and see how that works.

Brent

xhead said:
Can you use ADO.NET instead of ADO?
Just reference the System.Data namespace in your project and you're off
to a better start I think.

I have tried that and was glad to know I could use the familiar ADODB
commands as I had before.

That seemed to work. I want to use .NET but it's had a learning curve
to it.