Sorry to be such a pain

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Brent White, Oct 24, 2005.

  1. Brent White

    Brent White Guest

    I am building an ASP.NET form called default.aspx on an intranet
    server. It worked fine until I added a reference to ADO under the COM
    tab.

    When I did, I get this error referencing the web.config file in the
    application directory:

    Server Error in '/testing2' Application.

    Configuration Error
    file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
    details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly
    'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime, Version=8.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its
    dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

    Source Error:

    Line 37: </customErrors>
    Line 38: -->
    Line 39: <compilation debug="true" urlLinePragmas="true">
    Line 40: <assemblies>
    Line 41: <add
    assembly="Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime,
    Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/></assemblies></compilation></system.web>

    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\testing2\web.config Line: 39

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to
    determine why the assembly
    'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime, Version=8.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' could not be loaded.

    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind
    failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50215.44;
    ASP.NET Version:2.0.50215.44

    I need the ADO to fill a combo box on the form.

    Brent White, Oct 24, 2005

  2. Brent White

    xhead Guest

    Can you use ADO.NET instead of ADO?
    Just reference the System.Data namespace in your project and you're off
    to a better start I think.

    xhead, Oct 24, 2005

  3. Brent White

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Brent White" <> wrote in message

    >I am building an ASP.NET form called default.aspx on an intranet
    > server. It worked fine until I added a reference to ADO under the COM
    > tab.

    Why on earth would you want to use ADO/COM in ASP.NET?????

    Mark Rae, Oct 24, 2005
  4. Brent White

    Brent Guest

    "Mark Rae" wrote:
    >"Brent White" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I am building an ASP.NET form called default.aspx on an intranet
    >> server. It worked fine until I added a reference to ADO under the

    COM
    >> tab.

    >Why on earth would you want to use ADO/COM in ASP.NET?????

    I'm a long-standing VB6 Programmer, so I know ADO very well. I don't
    know ASP.NET very well, but I'm learning.

    Let me try the system.data thing and see how that works.

    --
    Sent via .NET Newsgroups
    http://www.dotnetnewsgroups.com

    Brent, Oct 25, 2005
  5. Brent White

    Brent Guest

    "xhead" wrote:
    >Can you use ADO.NET instead of ADO?
    >Just reference the System.Data namespace in your project and you're off
    >to a better start I think.

    I have tried that and was glad to know I could use the familiar ADODB
    commands as I had before.

    That seemed to work. I want to use .NET but it's had a learning curve
    to it.

    Brent, Oct 25, 2005
  6. re:
    > I want to use .NET but it's had a learning curve to it.

    heh, heh...

    Welcome to the club, Brent!

    ;-)

    It's the best club in the world...