Sort on Date Column

Alan Z. Scharf

1. I have sorts on Date and Name column heads

Initial sort is on ORDER BY Date DESC

Date Name
------------------------------
10/05/2004 Charlie
09/30/2004 Baker
10/10/2003 Able

2. After then sorting on Name column, and then sorting on Date column, sort
now appears to be literally on date text:, sorting by month and day.
Apparently on text of date column in grid.

Date Name
------------------------------
10/10/2003 Able
10/05/2004 Charlie
09/30/2004 Baker

5. Data is initially bound to grid in !IsPostBack with my
BindDataGrid(string sortColumn) function. Works fine.

6. Sort EventHandler has one line of code using same BindDataGrid function:
BindDataGrid(e.SortExpression)

How can I get it to sort on actual Date DESC? Shouldn't the postback be
pulling an actual Date sort back from the SQLServer?

Thanks.

Alan