Sorting and Paging Datagrid?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by P Dietz, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. P Dietz

    P Dietz Guest

    Hello NG,
    I'm using a datagrid for displaying data (wow!) and would like to use the Sorting and Paging of it. The grid is bound to a dataset, which is added in the webform-designer.

    I load the data by:

    If Page.IsPostBack Then Exit Sub 'is this correct?? or should i make something else?

    DsMDK1.Clear() 'dsmdk1 ist the dataset
    Dim dr As DataRow
    Me.da1.Fill(Me.DsMDK1)' da1 the ora- dataadapter
    before binding the grid to the dataset (the datasource/member as set in desinger : me.datagrd.databind), i have to change some data in the dataset "manually", it can't be queried by the dataadapter.

    Displaying the data works fine, the grid shows also the headers as links and the paging links, when i check the paging/sort boxes, but clicking the link will cause no effect. I thought to use this "if page.ispostback then exit sub" to avoid new load of data, but it's the same (nothing) with or without it....

    I hope you can help me despite my terrible english ;-)

    Thanks

    Peter

    P Dietz, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Ravikanth[MVP], Jan 30, 2004