Sorting problem with datagrid with sveral thousands items!

bredal Jensen

Hello,
I'am experiencing that Asp.net can not handle sorting of datagrid when the
number of items exceed a few thousands.
Is anyone aware of this problem?
The sorting works fine when the number of item in the datagrid gets lower.

I do not know the number limit between *Works* and "don't works* but i least
we have to exceed a few thousands of item to
experience this.

Any usefull comment will be highlly apreciated.

Thanks ...

avnrao

thats true. datagrid sorting takes lot of time when no of records is large
(may be thousands).
best thing is to analyze case by case, and go for data grid sort/ or DB
sort.

Av.