"sorting the news"

Default User

Richard said:
Default User said:

He is a regular, in the sense that he often posts here. He
contributes nothing useful, however.

I personally don't define "regular" to mean "frequent poster".

Brian

Kenny McCormack

I personally don't define "regular" to mean "frequent poster".

Keep in mind - 'twas I who coined the term "regular" (in the context of
this NG). And, yes, amazingly enough, on this occasion, I agree with
you.

"regular" == "Clique" - the later term is now preferred by the true "in-crowd".

Ivica

John Bode said:
This is probably too late to help before your deadline; however, it
will hopefully be of help for your next assignment.

Is good old plain "thank you" from the heart enough? Or should I kiss your
ass to raise your ego(what others should be expecting from their so-called
answers)?
I now understand this method completely.

Did I want from everybody to write me new homework? No, just to rewrite that
duplicated stuff and some bad coding.

@ others:
Sadly, it can be seen how much anger and frustration was in this and other
thread on c.p. Even more sad is how much presumptions were put on
analysing my life(maybe I would explain if had will, but after this - you
don't deserve that useless faggots).
How much discussion is put on unnecessary trolling, many more complicated
problems can be solved in that wasted time.

You are on the programming newsgroup fags. And you are so-called programmers
so learn to... Keep things simple.

Want to help? Help. Don't want? Skip.

EOD

Ivica said:

Is good old plain "thank you" from the heart enough? Or should I kiss
your ass to raise your ego

Oh, more than enough I think.

*plonk*

Brian

Ivica

Oh, more than enough I think.

*plonk*

Don't exclude things from content like you want to appear.

That ugly part is not for him, it's for useless "default" fags like you.
It's lovely how you get caught on this.

CBFalconer

Ivica said:
Is good old plain "thank you" from the heart enough? Or should I
kiss your ass to raise your ego(what others should be expecting
from their so-called answers)? I now understand this method
completely.

Congratulations. You have achieved the PLONK file. Bye.

pete

Default said:
I personally don't define "regular" to mean "frequent poster".

I have always thought that "regular" was short for "regular poster",
meaning someone who posts regularly.
The resident trolls post as regularly as anyone else.

CBFalconer

Richard said:
He's not still pimping that awful library is he?

Since Richard, Twink, and McCormack are all evil trolls, I invite
others to investigate my publications (URL below, download
section). Most is either public domain or under GPL.

user923005

I have always thought that "regular" was short for "regular poster",
meaning someone who posts regularly.
The resident trolls post as regularly as anyone else.

I don't think 'regular' applies to a pure troll. They're trolls.
Someone who's trying is still a regular (e.g. ACL from days of yore or
jacob navia) but someone who's only intention is to disrupt (e.g.
Scott Nudds of yore or Kenny) is not a regular but a troll.

I don't consider anyone who is killfiled (either mentally or actually)
to be a regular. A regular has to be at least capable of and willing
to contribute something useful from time to time.

pete

Richard said:
CBFalconer
I don't believe I have ever seen him
once answer a question politely or correctly.

He showed me how to implement a generic linked list
as a direct answer to a question I asked about
a problem that I was having.

He's answered a few of my questions
about things that I needed to know.
More than anyone else here, actually.

user923005

He showed me how to implement a generic linked list
as a direct answer to a question I asked about
a problem that I was having.

He's answered a few of my questions
about things that I needed to know.
More than anyone else here, actually.

He is crochety about topicality. So am I.
He is bellicose about posting format. I don't much care.
But he is also helpful and knowledgeable.

I read most of his posts because I think he can teach me something.

CBFalconer

pete said:
He showed me how to implement a generic linked list as a direct
answer to a question I asked about a problem that I was having.

He's answered a few of my questions about things that I needed
to know. More than anyone else here, actually.

Thanks. However I trust you realize you answered a troll.

Martin Ambuhl

Ivica said:
Is good old plain "thank you" from the heart enough? Or should I kiss your
ass to raise your ego(what others should be expecting from their so-called
answers)?

Your language is unwarranted and speaks volumes about you. It suggests
someone that no one in his right mind should bother trying to help.
I now understand this method completely.
Huh?

Did I want from everybody to write me new homework? No, just to rewrite that
duplicated stuff and some bad coding.

@ others:
Sadly, it can be seen how much anger and frustration was in this and other
thread on c.p. Even more sad is how much presumptions were put on
analysing my life(maybe I would explain if had will, but after this - you
don't deserve that useless faggots).
How much discussion is put on unnecessary trolling, many more complicated
problems can be solved in that wasted time.

Any "anger and frustration" is completely the result of your anti-social
attacks on people you should be thanking. I suppost there is an
attempted insult, perhaps homophobic, almost certainly childish and
stupid, in "you don't deserve that useless faggots". However, note that
"faggots" is plural, so its should be "those useless faggots". And who
_does_ deserve useless faggots?
You are on the programming newsgroup fags. And you are so-called programmers
so learn to... Keep things simple.

Want to help? Help. Don't want? Skip.

You, along with the other snot-nosed, ill-behaved adolescents, should
heed the words of Farmer Yasser "I think it's a great thing you young
folks are doing, committing mass suicide." As for how you behave, he
continued that "long hair, short hair, what the hell's the difference
once the head's blowed off?".

Ian Collins

Ivica said:
Is good old plain "thank you" from the heart enough? Or should I kiss your
ass to raise your ego(what others should be expecting from their so-called
answers)?

Kiss his donkey? How quaint.

pete

user923005 wrote:
I don't think 'regular' applies to a pure troll.

Their diatribes are funnier if it does.

"regular" can mean whatever we want it to mean.
It's not like anybody is ever going write "clc regular" on a resume,
or on a tombstone.

The word "regular" when used by the regulars,
is mostly used to distinguish themselves from new posters.
How trolls want to use the word, does not matter.

John Bode

Is good old plain "thank you" from the heart enough? Or should I kiss your
ass to raise your ego(what others should be expecting from their so-called
answers)?

Pay off my credit cards and we'll call it even.

It's very easy for small misunderstandings and bad communication to blow
up into raging flamefests, especially in this group. It has nothing to do
with ego, and everything to do with an unpleasant history of trolling and
bad faith.
I now understand this method completely.

I hope so, because I botched some of my example code (a sadly common
occurrence). Do what I mean, not what I say.
Did I want from everybody to write me new homework? No, just to rewrite
that duplicated stuff and some bad coding.

Sorry. Us oldtimers are overly sensitized to "do my homework for me"
posts, because they're so goddamned frequent. Also because many of the
people making those requests *lie* about it. "Oh, no, this totally
pointless exercise that's obviously copied verbatim from my instructor's
handout isn't homework; this is just a hobby for me."
@ others:
Sadly, it can be seen how much anger and frustration was in this and
other thread on c.p. Even more sad is how much presumptions were put on
analysing my life(maybe I would explain if had will, but after this -
you don't deserve that useless faggots). How much discussion is put on
unnecessary trolling, many more complicated problems can be solved in
that wasted time.

You are on the programming newsgroup fags. And you are so-called
programmers so learn to... Keep things simple.

Want to help? Help. Don't want? Skip.

EOD

FWIW, Keith, Martin, Richard H., and yes, CBF, are all very knowledgeable
people (more so than I am, anyway), and are very good resources for C
language questions. Don't dismiss them entirely. It's just that, as
professionals, it's in *our* best interests to make sure people actually
take the effort to learn the material for themselves, rather than rely on
others to spoon feed the answers to them.

Kenny McCormack

Their diatribes are funnier if it does.

"regular" can mean whatever we want it to mean.
It's not like anybody is ever going write "clc regular" on a resume,
or on a tombstone.

The word "regular" when used by the regulars,
is mostly used to distinguish themselves from new posters.
How trolls want to use the word, does not matter.

I will remind you once again that 'twas I who coined the term "regular"
(in the context of this NG [clc]). And thus two things are true:
1) It is a pejorative.
2) Trolls (aka, the good guys) are *not* included.

pete said:
I have always thought that "regular" was short for "regular poster",
meaning someone who posts regularly.

I consider it short for "regular contributor".
The resident trolls post as regularly as anyone else.

I don't consider those posts to be contributions.

Brian

John Bode

Keep in mind - 'twas I who coined the term "regular" (in the context of
this NG).

Oh for crap's sake, no you did not. Not unless you've been posting
here since before 1996 (the earliest reference to "regulars" that
Google yakked up). And I certainly don't remember seeing you in this
group that far back, unless you changed your handle or something.
And, yes, amazingly enough, on this occasion, I agree with
you.

"regular" == "Clique" - the later term is now preferred by the true "in-crowd".

There are three types of "regulars" on c.l.c:

1. Those who actually contribute to discussions about the C language
(answering questions about syntax, arguing over language in the
Standard, discussing program design, griping about misfeatures in the
language, etc.);

2. Trolls ("C sucks", "C++/C#/Java is the wave of the future", "C
optimizes like shit", "floor() and ceil() are redundant", "you're all
pushers of the C religion");

3. Whiners ("You people are *rude* and *mean* and you *suck*, and you
should drop everything and help everyone who posts any sort of
question to this group, topicality be damned, but don't expect *me* to
answer someone's question, that's *your* job, *my* job is to sit back
and hurl invective at the people who try to keep this group minimally
focused on a specific topic.");

You're getting as tiresome as S**** N****, without being anywhere near
as entertaining. At least S**** brought the crazy. Not many people
would sincerely argue that floor() and ceil() were redundant.