"sorting the news"

Morris Dovey

Default said:
Twink is troll. Please don't feed the troll.

I recognized that as a distinct possibility, but decided to see
if it'd be worth giving AT the benefit of the doubt, as well as
sharing a sliver of off-group related experience with those who
might question the real-world value of all our nit-picking here.

For students, and even for early-career programmers, I suspect
that the group's preoccupation with portability and adherence to
a seemingly arbitrary standard makes little sense without some
real-world tie-in.

Default User

[blither blather]
In case you've forgotten, I've asked you to explain yourself what you
think is wrong with ggets()

Ok, again, TWINK IS A TROLL. His posts are designed to generate
that will not generate satisfactory responses from him, because he has
no desire to provide any such thing.

Please stop feeding the troll.

Brian

Gerry Ford

Randy,

The problem with C memory management is not is not like unlike any other
garden-variety
fabrication. Grown-ups admit to it, as will the falconer if, somehow,
pressed to speak of his own eggs, as opposed to being disposed to dyspepsia.

Larry Craig needs Dick to fix his memory airs.

Richard

Default User said:
Twink is troll. Please don't feed the troll.

Brian

Poor Bwian. Still only posting net nanny posts but hoping to be the
first to catch a nOOb not including stdio.h in his example code. I

David Thompson

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 18:26:55 -0000, "Malcolm McLean"
The main criticism is that [ggets] doesn't protect against a malicious denial of
service type attack, mounted by passing an emoronously long, but not
over-long, line.
That's a very intriguing misspelling, perhaps even Freudian.