SOS - Please respond - SQL 2000 instead of 2005

Guy Cohen

Hi all.

My webhost prepared a server for me with 2000 instead of 2005.
Will my .net 2005 application work there?
I generated a script to export my sql server 2005 object
There was a failure here:

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.database_principals WHERE name =
N'aspnet_WebEvent_FullAccess' AND type = 'R')
CREATE ROLE [aspnet_WebEvent_FullAccess]
GO

This is the error:
Server: Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Line 2
Line 2: Incorrect syntax near 'ROLE'.

TIA
Guy

Nick Malik [Microsoft]

Your app should work just fine. The only challenge will be to make sure
that your app can access the database correctly. The statement that you
posted is one that helps to set up the right for the database to be accessed
from the ASPNet user.

If you need more help with SQL Syntax, you may want to ask your question on
a SQL forum.
--
--- Nick Malik [Microsoft]
MCSD, CFPS, Certified Scrummaster

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this forum are my own, and not
representative of my employer.
I do not answer questions on behalf of my employer. I'm just a
programmer helping programmers.

Guy Cohen

Thanks
Ok I will