SOS trying to make work sun JSSE within IBM jdk.

hernan.rancati

Hi people,

I am stuck, I have a jar file which connects using SSL to some specific
address,
it works fine under linux with IBM JDK 1.4.2 but surprisingly it
doesn't work correctly
under AIX with the IBM JDK 1.4.2,

the error that it throws on IBM is "NoClassDefFoundError:
sun/security/validator/KeyStores"

at X509TrustManagerImpl.<init>

but have checked that sun/security/validator/KeyStores.class exists
inside the jar file
and it works in linux without modification.

Have also tried to use IBM's JSSE/JCE to stablish the SSL connection
but, in that case,
the problem is that I get a SSLHandshakeException without *any*
information about
what the cause is (and I have set corresponding .debug=true flag in
the System
properties).

Any help will be of much help since I am really blocked with this.

Thank you very much,

Hernan Rancati.

Chris Uppal

the error that it throws on IBM is "NoClassDefFoundError:
sun/security/validator/KeyStores"

Are you attempting to use Sun's private classes ? If so then your code is
likely to break on other platforms (including other releases of Sun's own
JVMs).

-- chris

hernan.rancati

yes, seems not to be a long term solution, finally got it working with
IBM's jsse
anyway. But, surprises me that NoClassdefFoundError appeared.

Hernan.